Sunday, January 18, 2009

The complex and living room

Today Nick and I took a walk around the complex and took some pictures for our family to see. Unfortunately the pool(s) and BBQ area is shut down for mantience, so we weren't able to take pictures of that part of the beautiful complex. I'll add them later. :)


Thursday was a VERY exciting day because we got both our table and chairs and couch. :) YAY!! We've been waiting for them for a couple weeks now. Poor Nick had a long day of no sleep from working the night before and then putting together the chairs and table and then going to pick up the couch and haul it into our condo. Of course once again this wouldn't have been possible without Jason's help. Thanks again, hope you enjoyed the cookies!! :)
Here is the living room. It's not completely finished... just need to finish some minor details and we'll be all done. :) What do you think?



I'm still working on this wall. I plan on adding some more wrapping paper and a quote about all the pictures welcoming guests into our home.




Here is the table right off the kitchen. We have four chairs to it, but will only use the fourth one when we need it for company. We are still missing curtains and an area rug to go underneath the table. I know that will finish that corner of our dinning area, but here we are so far...




Here are some close-ups and detailed pictures. Some of them are hard to see because of the lighting. Sorry!




Nick wanted me to do something with these pictures from high school. :) So... I made them black and white, we went to walmart got frames, a curtain rod, and black hooks. Nick drilled holes in the frames and inserted the hooks. I placed ribbon on them and we hung it all up on the wall. There will be a quote above it saying "We were both young when I first saw you." I have to give Lindsay and Terri credit for the curtain rod idea. Thanks!!




13 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Oh Lindi, I LOVE it! The living room looks so big with the other couch in there. I love the curtain rod idea and your young pictures are so cute. That TV is just itching for some Tommy Boy- I can tell! ;) Awesome job!

katealyson said...

Beautiful! Seriously Lind, you have the touch! Love it, love it, and love it. Miss you!

Tracy said...

Looks GOOD!! I don't know about the TV above the fireplace!! ;-) That's a family joke for all of you who don't know!! :-) LOVE Ya!

Bagleys said...

Hey! WAY cute apartment!!!! I love it! I still maintain you're going to come decorate my house! :)

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Congratulations! Your new place looks nice--how exciting!!

aubri said...

I love how much fun you're having with all of that! It looks fabulous!

Bob & Dani said...

Looks real good, Lindi Jo. We'll have to come see it sometime! Love you!

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful home! Thanks for sharing it! It's great to get an idea of where you're living! Hope you guys are doing well! Love 'ya!

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful home! Thanks for sharing it! It's great to get an idea of where you're living! Hope you guys are doing well! Love 'ya!

Kimberly said...

Sorry for the double post...I was losing an argument with my computer~

Anonymous said...

It's fun that we can get an idea of what your place is like. You are so creative Lindi and it looks great -- Looks like HOME! And I'm glad that you feel safe and comfortable there. Nice touch with the pictures Nick.
Love, Terri/Mom

lacey bassett said...

Very nice! You have been a busy girl with all that decorating! The pictures from high school are awesome!!

Kimberly said...

Hi guys! Thanks for your note, Lindi...I was hoping you guys would see the post I did just before that one, "Miss Mess and Mr. Mischief." I thought you guys would really enjoy that one! :) Especially the last story...made me think of Nick! Hope you guys are doing well! We sure love and miss you...we're getting excited to see you next month!!!