Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Starting with the kitchen...

I know I said I was going to post pictures of our condo this weekend, and that was the plan until my camera died and I only got some of the pictures taken. Plus we're still waiting on our couch and table to get here so my mom gave me the idea to slowly post pictures of all the different rooms one at a time. I started taking pictures of the Kitchen first... so here they are!
Since we're living in a condo, we're not allowed to paint or put up wallpaper or anything like that... I'm sure that you know that. SO... I tried my hardest to get creative and cover SOME the plain white walls somehow. Here is what I came up with...





... WRAPPING PAPER and ribbon around the edges. The oldest part of our condo is the oven in the kitchen. The other night when I was making dinner, I had to ask Nick had to work it. LOL!! He looked at me like I had to joking. But it didn't beep or anything once it was preheated. So I asked Nick how I am supposed to tell when it's ready? He said just keep opening it until it's hot... GREAT!! It also doesn't have a timer so, we use the microwave above it as a timer. It been fun and to my surprise, the oven works REALLY good. In fact everything I bake in it is done about 3-4 mins before it's supposed to be.








Once I get some batteries for my camera, I'll take pictures of the next room and post them.

12 comments:

Bob & Dani said...

Your kitchen looks totally awesome!! Good work! I love the wrapping paper - you're super creative. It looks like a nice condo. I'm happy that you have your own place now. Call me later, k. Love you!

Tracy said...

Looks REALLY CUTE!!!

Jason & Claire said...

Oh Lindi! I love it. I know I've already told you that but your condo ROCKS! Thanks for giving me the grand tour. So many cute ideas! Good for you guys. SO happy for you guys! Love ya!

Jill Asay said...

It looks cute so far! You are so creative to think of using wrapping paper for the walls...super cute idea! I can't wait to see the rest of it!

Trevor & Andrea said...

hey we have the same colors in our kitchens. looks very good. glad the move went well

The Asay's said...

I really like your idea of the wrapping paper it looks very awesome

Bagleys said...

Dude, why am I like the most retarded person when it comes to decorating?! How can I not come up with awesome ideas like you?! Sheesh! That's a way cute idea...and now here's MY idea... you come to our place when we move to Washington and decorate! YAY! Good plan!

Michelle Thompson said...

WOW! You are very creative. I love it. It looks so cute and cozy.

lacey bassett said...

So you can come decorate my house anytime you feel like it!! In you apt. in powell i saw you used wrapping paper for your room, and I was telling my sister about that because I thought it was such a cute idea.. And she stole your idea and did a wall with wrapping paper in her little apt. and it looks super cute! I would have to say not as cute as you kitchen though! I love the "Hope" letters.. I am having april price make me Lauren's name like that (because she makes those letter..) and I am setting my sights our for the letters that say "Family"
If you can't tell I am totally in love with your kitchen!! Can't wait to see the rest for more ideas!! Haha just kidding but seriously you are amazing!

aubri said...

What a way cute idea! That looks awesome! Seriously, that inspires me to look for some awesome wallpaper...or wrapping paper :) Good job!

Jessie said...

It looks cute Lindi. That was a good idea to use wrapping paper and a ribbon boarder. Good job! I love it. I am looking forward to seeing you at the wedding and getting to meet Nick. I wish that I could have made it to yours. You will have to check out my blog. I just started it so I don't have to much on it yet.

The Pfau's said...

Kim left a comment on my blog and after checking out her blog I saw that you guys had one as well! It was so fun to see and meet you guys at Thanksgiving. Sorry it was so busy and we didn't get to chat more. I am glad that you guys have a blog and I can get to know you better! It's so fun to decorate your own place. Lindi you are so creative! I LOVE the kitchen! I can't wait to see more pics of your condo, maybe I will get some new ideas for my place.