Thursday, January 8, 2009

FINALLY....Catching up!!




Yes... it's the 8th of January and I'm just getting around to blogging about our trip home for Christmas to Wyoming!! We had a BLAST going home and seeing both of our families. It had been six months since we've seen either family and it was a very over due trip.
We landed at the airport in Billings on Monday the 22nd. My family picked Nick and I up and we headed to diner at Texas Roadhouse... are favorite!! :) Nick and I were VERY shocked by the COLD weather. As soon as we stepped off the plane it hit us! :) After diner we headed home and were greeted by Katie and Richard. Richard introduced Nick and Bob to Ginger Beer. Richard served his mission in Australia and that's root beer to them. I think its DISGUSTING... but Nick liked it. After a late night of visiting we went to bed.
The rest of the week was filled with both Bassett and Anderson family traditions: putting a puzzle together, watching Christmas movies, having a Christmas Eve program with the Andersons, playing Mad Gab, and much much more! Nick and I had a very full schedule with trying to visit each family and spend an equal amount of time with both. We didn't get any picutres with the Anderson family and am SO sad about that. I'll have to get some from Jerry!! :)
My sister Dani and I decided that it would be fun to plan a get-together with all our friends from Wyoming. We ended up inviting over 30 ppl to the local bowling alley for visiting and bowling. We had a pretty good show of 25 ppl and had a BLAST seeing everyone and getting to visit with them all.
We also got to visit our good friends, The Crosby's!! We got to see their BEAUTIFUL new house and wonderful kids and catch up on everything!! Thanks for having us over, it was so good to see you guys!! We made a trip to Powell to see our good friend Kate Jones too! It was SOO good to see her and catch up on everything!! We wish you lived in Vegas!! :) Love ya Kate!!
We also had the opportunity to go to the Billings, Montana temple together as a family. It was such a neat experience to have everyone there. I'm used to being with a group of people I'm not familiar with at the vegas temple so it was very nice!! And soon our little sister Katie and her fiance Richard will be joining us!! :)
We are SOO excited to be going back to Wyoming sooner that planned to see Katie and Richard getting sealed to one another in the Billings, Montana temple on March 14th!! Thanks to both families for being patient with us and our busy schedules. We has such a good time seeing you all and we're so excited to come home soon again!!

Our New Years Eve was supposed to be a BIG one full of excitement!! :) WELL... that changed as Nick and I were both asleep and in bed by 10:30 pm that night! LOL!! We ended up moving into our condo that day and after tried to start unpacking. We were both SO tired that we didn't even care to see the HUGE display of fireworks on the strip. I know... Losers huh?! BUT... we did get moved into our new place and it's ALMOST completely moved into and decorated!! We are just waiting on our new couch and table to arrive and the condo will be complete with a few minor changes!!
The day after New Years Eve we were treated to diner by a friend of Nick's from Wyoming. Dave Rael and his wife were in Vegas and asked us to meet them for diner and Smith & Wollensky's! WOWEE... I tell you what that food is AMAZING!! We've never eaten there, but heard it was a pretty fancy place! Well... that was right. It was expensive and DELICOUS!! We met a party of 13 there (Dave's family) and we actually found out that all of them knew my parents and some of them went to High school with them. :) So it was a very fun night full of YUMMY food!! :) Thanks Dave and Jenny! (once again no pics) :(

Now... were both back to regular life back in Vegas in our new Condo!! We are SOO excited to have our OWN place now and it has been so fun to make it our home. I will be posting pictures of the condo this weekend! Today Nick has to take his National Regsitry Test to completely pass his EMT Basic class and recieve his certificate. I'll let you know it goes!! He has to pass this test in order to continue to his next classes: Intermediate EMT. Good Luck sweets!! I know you're going to do a GREAT job!! I start school on Monday again and Nick starts on the 20th. Were back to work and our regular routine!! Life is good!!

8 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Oh my heck, Lindi! Your trip looks like so much fun. I have to click on it so I can see the pictures better. I'm so excited to see your condo and GOOD LUCK on the test, Nick!

Bagleys said...

Hey Lind! It was sooo good to see you and Nick over the break! Yay! Me and Dev will have to come see you guys sometime, and you'll have to come see us when we move to Washington!! Yay!! OHHH can I ask a huge favor? Can you email me those two pics of you and me and me and dev??? THANKS!!! kb.bagley5@gmail.com

Bob & Dani said...

Howdy! Your blog is super cute! I'm excited to see the pics of your condo. I bet it's spectacular.

Michelle Thompson said...

That is funny that you were in bed by 10:30. That means you are a real, old, married couple. HA HA Sounds like a lot of fun and excitement. Dustin went to Vegas to the Strip New Years bash two years ago and said never again. So I don't think you missed much. Glad you had fun in Lovell. I'm surprised we didn't see you at the bowling alley.

Tracy said...

Your blog is cute!! I'm excited to see the pictures of your new little home!! :-)

Trevor & Andrea said...

It was good seeing you over break! i hope your move went well

dcalvin said...

What a treat it was to see you in the temple with your family over the break, that was a wonderful surprise and an extremely wonderful day for our family. I'm sorry I missed seeing Nick but maybe in March!:) I am so excited for Katie and Richard and they are just the cutest couple. Take care.

lacey bassett said...

hey lindi!! I am so sad that I didn't make it to the bowling party.. it was a long christmas day for lauren and she spent all of the next day recouperating, so I didn't want to pawn a grouchy baby off to my mom :) I hope I get to see you when you are down in March because I miss your face!