Saturday, February 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home

FINALLY... I know (Dani & Katie)!!! With school being so crazy and with me also trying to finish up with some things around the house, I haven't had time yet to post about the house we moved into in January. Since both Nick and I's families are so far away, they haven't seen the house yet. They have been patient and have been waiting for pictures. So for family, personal documentation, and others interested, here you are! :)
First off, I thought I would VERY QUICKLY (so quick that NOTHING is even to scale... my teachers at school would NOT approve) draw up 2 floor plans of our house. It is a two story house and because my pictures aren't very good, and because I didn't post pics of every room, you can still get an idea of the layout of the house. Doors, windows, and not all furniture have been added... just walls and basic things, so that you get the idea.

First Floor


Second Floor



Our house is decorated in all black and white with accents of different colors in each room. I'm obsessed with black and white. I'm also in love with Damask print or a contemperary baroque style.

Guest Bedroom

This particular room was inspired by the artwork I did at Northwest College, in the Lower right-hand corner. Nick says I don't use my artwork around the house enough, so I decided this piece would be fun to use. As you can see two identical pieces are above the bed.

I plan to add other pieces of artwork to this room as well... of course ones that are the same type of art.

Guest Bathroom



Master Bedroom


Master Bath

Living Room



Pretty sure that this is my favorite room in the house. First of all, because we're renting, I'm not allowed to put up any wall coverings, so for the damask print I wanted to do, I did the next best thing... stenciling!! (love the stencil?? I know just where you can get one!!)

Kitchen


Granite Counter tops, dark wood cabinets, and Black appliances (minus the fridge... did ya see that??) :) Wierd huh?? Remember we're just renting we didn't pick them out! :) I LOVE LOVE the pantry. Having room for food is amazing. Not to mention all the cupboard space... some of them don't even have anything in them! :)

Dinning Area

Well, there you go... what do you think? Thanks to my patient husband, this was able to be accomplished!! :) We have been loving living in a house and not in an apartment. I guess there is two things we miss from the condo we were living in before...

1. HOT TUB

2. Fireplace

...but its completely worth it all when you don't have to worry about hearing everything that crazy people do (like beat their wife.. and then hearing the cops pound on their door at least twice a month) so family... I know you like it so much your just dying to come see it in person aren't you?? The guest room is calling your name! :)

18 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Love, Love, Love it!!! You are the most talented person I know! Chandra won't read this, right? Just kidding! I cracked up when I saw you had moved the living room furniture AGAIN after I was there;) You know how to make quite a home! Love ya!

Jason & Claire said...

PS- Can I come stay in your guest room even though I live here? Just kidding...it's just so perfect!

Bagleys said...

Dude, your house rocks!!! Way to be! Ours is still in sad shape, I'm afraid. :) Just slowly adding a few touches here and there. I love the color palette you've chosen! Sooo pretty! Bravo! :) I still need you to come decorate my house. ;)

Trevor & Andrea said...

ummm... I love LOVE LOVE this! Youre so talented! So awesome! You really know how to put things together! I might need to hire you someday! I love to decorate, but I just dont have time... and you have great ideas. Sigh...Thanks for sharing. Miss ya

Richard & Katie said...

Your house rocks!! Me,Dani, and Mom love it! Mom wants you to send the pictures to our e-mail so we can see them bigger. I'm all up for coming and staying in your guest bedroom you just have to talk mom into it! Haha! Mom asked if the airlines will take ruined corn for payment? You are amazing at what you do. We love you and miss you!

aubri said...

It looks awesome, Lindi! LOVE the stenciling that you did...I think it looks WAY better than wall paper. You have done such an amazing job and have done it SO fast!

Lindsay said...

Um WOW!!! Can I hire you once we get in our new house!?!?!?

Kimberly said...

So wonderful!! So talented!! It looks great!! I understand how great it is to be out of apartments! We had to call the cops once because we could hear a guy beating his girlfriend above us...one of the scariest things in my life!! I'm so glad you guys have such a nice, safe place!! Love you!

JesseTaeao Markovitz said...

Wow! Great job on the house, of course i wasn't expecting anything less from you! I know who to call when we get settled here.. cheap date day sounds fun!! something to look into!! Thanks again for coming to see us on such short notice, it was good to catch up again!

Bob & Dani said...

Awesome! It looks amazing. Plus, it's a nice house. I'm glad that you guys like it. We hope to come visit some time before you move away some day. Love you! Thanks for sharing!

katealyson said...

Yay, Lindi! You did such an amazing job! I just sat and stared at the pictures forever. :) I can't wait to see it in person, and I hope it's really really soon. I'm so glad you are using your art! I can't tell you how many people ask about the painting in my room! You are amazing my dear!

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic Lindi! You have sure been able to make this house a home, with your personality and talent all over it. How fun to be able to bring it all together! Nick, way to go in supporting your wife's creativity. We sure miss you guys and would love to be able to come and try out the guest room sometime. Love you both, Mom/Terri

Lynn said...

Lindi,

I am over here from your mom's blog. I just have to tell you that I am just SO blown away by the GORGEOUS GORGEOUS things you have done with your rental home. Truly. You are an amazing young woman with amazing talents. You will go far. No doubt about it.

“Beautify your gardens, your houses, your farms” and “Let the beauty of your adorning be the work of your hands.” (Discourses of Brigham Young, sel. John A. Widtsoe, Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1977, pp. 302, 214.)

Unknown said...

Good job, I love everything, color palette,all of it. It is super hard to design for renting. I applaud you! I think it is super cool that you put it on your blog. A lot of designers don't do that.
Come see my blog. We can be friends.
Www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

lacey bassett said...

So... I have been living in my house for close to 3 years and it doesn't even come CLOSE to how awesome yours looks:) VERY VERY NICE!!

JesseTaeao Markovitz said...

Hey lindi, i'm setting our blog to private if you want to leave me your address that'd be great!

Deanna said...

I love it! you totally need to come and help me with my house... I'm decorating challenged.

Jason & Claire said...

H-A-P-P-Y
B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y
L-I-N-D-I!!!!!