Monday, February 15, 2010

Cheap Date Day!!

(NOTE: This blog is not only a way to keep in touch 'visually' with our families, but is also a way to document the things we do together as a couple, so we can always remember them. The main point of this post is to remind us hoAlign Centerw simple things can be while still having a BLAST!!)


Have any of you seen this commercial?? It's a Sonic commerical, but it's really funny. Check it out...












Well, we LOVE this commcercial and it has inspired us to have 'Cheap Date day/nights' on mondays!! :)
(warning: we don't plan to have DAY LONG dates like this every monday, but we had 3 different things to celebrate... NO SCHOOL, Valentines, and cheap date day!!)
Today we decided to celebrate Valentines and also do our 'Cheap Date Day'. It started off by driving to Logandale... WHY? you might ask... well I am love with Marverik Hot Dogs. Ya, it may be sick and disgusting to some of you, but I LOVE them. I can't even remember the last time I had one. I also LOVE their pickles and banana peppers. Doesn't take much to please this girl!! Vegas doesn't have Maveriks, but Logandale does...
30 min drive+couple bucks for lunch=CHEAP AMAZING DATE!! :)
Look at this sign we saw on our drive... we're only 1/2 mile from home!! ;)
(for those who don't know, Byron is a small town not to far from our hometown)
We drove around Logandale for awhile, just relaxing and checking out the small town life. It was such a fun, relaxing day. It was also such a beauitful day, 70 degrees. :) Very very nice since its been raining off and on the last month. I've been looking forward to the sun!! :)

When we got back to Vegas, we decided it would be fun to go mini-golfing. It was open this time and we had a blast. We met a family from Wheatland, Wyoming... they were one hole ahead of us the whole time. We think we may have annoyed them a little because we have fun and tend not to care what people think about it! :) We started to get a little bored waiting for the wyoming family to move onto the next hole ahead of us, so we began making human obstacles for eachother to try and get the golf ball through. :) (You'll have to check out those pics!) On hole 16 I got REAL lucky and got a-hole-in-one!!! That's pretty good compared to the previous holes where it was more like a-hole-in-5!! :) I got my name on the "Hole in One" board... yep, just as excited as a 5 year old I know... once again very very easy to please.
I'm going to just put a slide show up of all our pics from the golf because that would just be too long. :)









To celebrate Valentines, Nick decided to end the date day with going to dinner at Olive Garden.
Obviously, not making it an ALL DAY thing will help keep the whole "cheap" idea in order. :) I am personally looking forward to these date days together. We're already sick of this semesters schedule and not getting to see eachother very often, so this is going to be great, cheap, and so much fun for us!!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

I can't believe you were that close to home and didn't come and see us!!! What were you thinking!!! ;-)

I think you guys are CRAZY!!! Looks like you're feeling better!! :-)

Love Ya!

Deanna said...

I love it!!!!! Way to make the most of whatever time you can find to be together. By the way I love that commercial too.

Kimberly said...

You guys are so great! I'm glad you're finding ways and time to cherish your time together. Thank you so much for the sweet anniversary card... you two are always so thoughtful! Love 'ya!

lacey bassett said...

haha!! Awesome date!! Next time your in "byron" come say hi!!

Bagleys said...

Dude! I wish we had Maveriks here!!! No one here has even HEARD of Maverik. It's quite sad. I love their hot dogs as well! So yummy! And they're frozen yogurt...oh wow. lol. I guess we'll have to wait till we come home in June. lol. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love mini golfing...I've only been a few times, but it's so much fun! I love finding signs that remind me of home! I found a street sign the other day that said "fowler." I about fell over! lol

Bob & Dani said...

Good times! That's what it's all about - making the most of what you got together! Glad you had a good day. Love you!

katealyson said...

Yay! How fun. First of all, LOVE the human obstacles. Second, I hope you got a huge pop in remembrance of our Maverick pop runs! Those were the days. :) I hope we can do a pop run together soon!!! Glad you had so much fun!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Lindi you look fabulous with dark hair! I love it! Ps... Cute date ideas!

Lindsay said...

Ha, too fun! That use to be one of Chad and I's favorite things to do..... Maverick run for hotdogs:) Now it's just a cheap dinner when I don't want to cook. Love you guys;0)

Anonymous said...

Hey this is your old roommate Midge, just wondering if you have been poppin your collar, jk. So March 9-13 I will be in las vegas and I here that you live there now, ill be staying in my parents condo on the strip for the week and was wondering if you wanted to catch up. Maybe lunch or even just come and hang out.
Let me know 307-679-8749