Saturday, February 6, 2010

HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Many of you know that I've been attending the College of Southern Nevada in order to complete the Interior Design program. I started this program the Summer of 2009 and have been working hard to complete it as soon as possible. In fact, I quit my job in order to take as full of a load as possible to complete as soon as I could. Thanks to my hard, hard working husband, this has been possible. However; there were a few things holding me back from completing it as soon as I thought was possible...let me give ya some background info before I explain this....

I graduated from Northwest College, (Wyoming) in May of 2008 with an Associates of Fine Arts and then transfered to UNLV thinking I would complete my degree in Art Education. Well, long story short, UNLV and teaching Art was NOT for me. So then I transfered from UNLV to CSN to complete the Interior Design program which I LOVE and it has been so fun!!

...SO back to "THAT THING" holding me back.... Transfering from school to school to
school, is a very LONG and sticky process. Most schools would transfer an Associates degree as a whole degree instead of breaking it up into individual classes, but CSN does NOT do this. Well, I got my Degree Audit from the Admissions office at CSN in October 2009, and it was broken down class by class telling me what they would and would NOT accept from both UNLV and NWC. It said that they would NOT accept 8 of my transfer classes. GENERAL classes, let me add... math, science, communciation, english...you get the point. SO instead of me graduating in MAY 2010, it would be more like May 2011. That wouldn't have been such a big deal to me if it was more interior related classes that I had never taken, where I would be learning more. But it was just taking the exact same general class I had already taken... VERY frustrating!!

So, I ended up calling my program director, almost in tears, and he reassured me that we would work together to get these classes passed, so that I wouldn't have to take them again. Between meeting with him, and a counselor who specializes in transfers, I wrote up 8 different sets of paper work explaining that "I have already taken this class", and so forth...We then turned in the paper work and it was sent to each program directors office for approval or denial.

5 MONTHS later, February 5, 2010, I recieved the results............
AND....
They APPROVED all 8 classes that I fought for and I WILL be graduating in 4 months,
May 2010!!!

13 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats! Woohoo! That is GREAT news. So glad that things worked out, Lindi!

Tracy said...

HAPPY DAY!!!!!! Finally GOOD NEWS!!! See, it was worth it!!! ;-)

LOVE YA!!!!

Trevor & Andrea said...

O good! that is so exciting! :) congrats

Jill Asay said...

That's so exciting! Congrats to you!!

cheryl said...

congrats Lindi! I am sure you think the hassle was way worth it.

Bagleys said...

Ahhhh! That's awesome. I would've just died if I had to take classes like that over again. Ick. So yay for you!!! Congrats, smart girl! :)

Geraldine said...

I am so excited for you. Way to fight your way through the system. Hang in there and I hope you are feeling better.

Bob & Dani said...

Yippee! That's great news! I'm so happy for you. Way to stick to it and make it work. On the countdown - 3 months left.

aubri said...

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That's awesome Lindi and must be SO relieving! I'm SO happy for you!!!

Jaime said...

That's great Lindi! SO glad they accepted them! GOod luck to you in the next few months as you complete another mile stone in your life! Love and miss you!:)

lacey bassett said...

good for you lindi!! Sounds like a lot of work, way to stick with it!!

Richard & Katie said...

Whoo hoo lindi jo!! I'm excited for you and that rocks. Now you can see an end and the rest of this semester will be easier for you to make it through. Love ya!

JesseTaeao Markovitz said...

CONGRATS!! Good for you, that's awesome news! All your hard work is paying off, you of all people totally deserve it!