Monday, February 8, 2010

King of Country

Nick and I may be George Strait's BIGGEST FANS EVER!!! :) I have ALWAYS wanted to see George in concert and knew that living in Vegas would HAVE TO present the opportunity to us!! When Nick and I were engaged, and he was here and I was still in Wyoming, George was in Vegas and we tried to make it work so that I could come visit at the same time... But of course that didn't work. I told Nick then that he couldn't go without me! :) :) Nick waited for me and said that George would come back to town another time and we could go together... that's how I knew Nick was a keeper! :)

Well, George came back to town on February 6, and we promised each other that no matter what, the next time he came to town, we WERE going!! So, we got tickets in advance and on Saturday night, we went to MGM to see George in concert. And we lucked out too, because Reba is on tour with him right now. Two of the best country artists in one night... you can't beat that!! Leeann Womack opened for them too, which was also great!! Either of us had EVER seen either of these artists in concert before.

Everyone must have been just as excited as us, because getting there was a NIGHTMARE!! Traffic and lines into the arena were just ridiculous. The place was packed tight full of random people too. :) Between Reba and George we went out to take a break and walk around, but we ended up standing along a wall and watching all sorts of different people walk around. 'People watching' is one of our favorite things to do. :) :) I kept telling Nick, "my dad would be getting a HUGE kick out of this", and for two reasons; one being that he also loves to 'people watch' and the second, seeing all the city-folk dressed up in their "cowboy gear". Nothing is funnier than seeing a bunch of brand new, never-worn-before cowboy hats, boots, and jeans... you know what I mean. However, we did see some people representing Wyoming via shirts, hats, etc. We wanted to get pics of them but they disappeared too fast. :)
ANYWAYS... back to concert, that was just one of the highlights of our night!! :)

During Reba's performance, they did the funniest thing... Are you familiar with the TV show, "Reba"? It's on lifetime and is a pretty cute show. Melissa Peterman plays 'Barbra Jean' on the show and is a very funny character. Reba and Barbra Jean have a love-hate relationship and right before Reba sang the theme song for the show, "I'm a Survivor", Barbra Jean runs onto the stage.... here is a clip of it...
(please ignore the annoying girls screaming in the background) :)





George Strait did an AMAZING job!! You know they are the real deal when they sound even better live then on the radio/cd. Since George doesn't have even ONE bad song, they were all amazing and it was so fun to actually get to see him. They did a close-up shot of him on the big screen and Nick and I looked at each other with surprising faces... the poor guy is getting old :)... hes been the "king" for years and years, but I guess I didn't realize how long it actually has been. We looked it up later and he's 58 years old! :(... but still one good looking guy who has the best voice and BEST music!! :) If any of you are country music fans, it is a concert you DO NOT want to miss!! Now I can cross a number off my 'bucket list'!! :)

15 comments:

Tracy said...

I guess there are some +'s to living in Vegas!! ;-) Lucky girl!!

Winterhollers said...

Craig and I saw George in Cheyenne this last summer. I agree, he is AMAZING!! I love George.

The Asay's said...

We saw George at Frontier days last summer. I think it was the best concert I have been too. We love George Strait too.

Bob & Dani said...

How fun! I'm glad that you were able to go together. It sounds like it was great!

Kimberly said...

LOVE George...LOVE Reba...LOVE the show "Reba"...I'm SOOOO jealous!! So glad you guys got to go!! Also a BIG CONGRATS on getting all your credits to transfer! Way to go!!!

Richard & Katie said...

That sounds way fun. That rocks that you got to go see your favorite country singer in concert. See I told you that you guys are always having fun!

Jason & Claire said...

Awesome night! You guys deserve that after all your hard work;)

Trevor & Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trevor & Andrea said...

Its a pretty serious statment to say your his BIGGEST fans... I think Trev and I might be competitive rivals :) jk. That is awesome you got to see him. Trevor and I saw him last July at the Cheyenne Frontier Days... Love that guy... he is definitely the king of country.

Bagleys said...

Ohhh man! That concert would've been so fun! Those are more of the types of country music (reba and george strait) that devan is into. I know a bunch of songs from each artist, but not word for word! It would've been so fun to go!! I LOVE Melissa Peterman. I think she's hilarious. Looks like you guys had a fun time! I wish we could go to concerts more!! Devan's only been to TWO concerts in his entire life... one was Chris LeDoux and then I made him come to Elton John with me. I miss you guys! :)

lacey bassett said...

Very fun!! You guys did luck out on getting to see 3 good singers all in one night!! LUCKY!!

Scotty&Chelsey said...

SO Lucky those two are amazing! and i love the show 'Reba' Barba Jean is halrious!

Jaime said...

That's awesome! It's funny cause I had brought this up to Ruben about flying to Vegas for the weekend to see these awesome people in concert but he obviously didn't go for it. I am excited for you guys. You both deserve it for all of hard work you have done in school.

Deanna said...

I'm so jelous. Wade I have become concert goers. We love it. I haven't convinced him country is cool yet. Glad you had a great time.

Michelle Thompson said...

I love Reba! There are lots of advantages to living in the city and that is a great one!