Saturday, March 13, 2010

Catching up!!

Things have been very very crazy around here... midterms, birthday, church callings, work, and not much sleep. First off, I want to THANK EVERYONE for all the wonderful birthday wishes. I got so many phone calls, txts, and so many cards and birthday packages in the mail... it was so fun and very much appreciated. You would think that the older you get, the less excited one becomes about their birthday; however, this is not the case for me. I was so overly excited about my birthday this year and I'm not really sure why?? Maybe because it was a good excuse to get to go shopping? :) Of course Nick went WAY over the top and spoiled me rotten. I woke up to breakfast in bed :), and then when I went downstairs to go to school for the day, Nick had hung up "happy birthday" banners all over in the living room. The floor was also covered in balloons from mom's package. Nick had gotten up in the middle of the night to set all of that up for me. After I took my History midterm, Nick took me to lunch at Panda Express (my favorite Chinese place... I could probably eat there everyday). After lunch he took me SHOPPING!!!!!! The only time I really ever go shopping is when my friend Kate comes to town because it's NOT Nick's favorite thing to do. Thats how I know he loves me so much... he took me shopping! :) After shopping, he took me to City Center (if you aren't aware of what that is check it out here) I've been dying to go see all the Interior Design, so he took me to walk around and see it. After that he had arrangements for a limo to pick us up and take us to dinner. Dinner was amazingly good and after that FUN FILLED day, we were both so exhausted that we went straight home and to bed!! :) Thanks sweets for the great birthday!! You are the BEST!!! (sorry I forgot my camera that day...no pictures)

Midterms were this last week and it certainly was NOT a fun week. I had two juried presentations and three written tests. It was a long, stressful, sleepless week, but I'm pretty sure all the hard work paid off. Even though I haven't recieved any grades back, I feel pretty good about it all. Now I have Spring Break and have a whole week off school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm VERY VERY excited about this if you can't tell. This break is very much needed. I was asking Nick the other day if I'm crazy because I asked him this question... "If I just wanted to take a whole week and admit myself to the hospital to be fully hydrated with fluids from an IV and also get something that would allow me to sleep for a full week, am I crazy?"... he said I think you mean you need a vacation? "Ya I guess that's what you might call it!!" :) I'm also excited for Spring Break because it gives me a chance to catch up and also get ahead on a number of things, like....

1. Finish a surprise I've been working on for this little sweetheart....


2. Design and make 50+ Mother's Day cards for our Girls Camp fundrasier. (for those of you who didn't know, I've been called as Assistant Camp Director this summer for Girls Camp. It's already been a ton off work and huge learning experience) Yes I know, Mother's Day isn't until May, but I won't have time to even think about making that many cards after I start school again.


3. Get ahead in my online science class so I can focus on all my design classes the rest of semester.


4. Finish some projects around the house.


5. Start researching to get fun ideas for Nursery. I have been in Nursery as an assistant for about 7 months now. Last Sunday, there were some changes made and I was asked to now be the Nursery Leader for the 2-3 year olds. WOW... what a huge responsibilty. You may be thinking, really??... don't you just watch kids play all day... no, I have 25, 2-3 year olds that I have to plan a lesson, music time, snack time, and activity time for each and every week. Even a bigger job when you have one sweet little guy who has a huge problem with biting another child everytime you turn around... :( 5 kids were bit last week...ya, its a problem!


6. MOST IMPORTANTLY, spend time with Nick... sleeping in, eating, watching movies and relaxing!!!!!!


Sounds like I have one AMAZING Spring Break planned! :)


And for the MOST EXCITING & BEST NEWS EVER....................

Nick got a schedule change!!!! He is officially DONE WORKING GRAVEYEARD!!!! That may not seem like such a big deal to some, but to us it is TRULY A BLESSING!!! If any of you have worked graveyard before I'm sure you can totally relate. It has been MORE then hard on Nick and I'm so excited that he will finally have a normal and consistent sleeping schedule. Also, it will be amazing for him to feel good and not be tired all of the time. I will enjoy every night of having him sleeping next to me as this has been a trial for me for a very long time. Sleeping alone by yourself every night in a huge scary city is NOT very fun... but that also might be because I'm a wuss!! That's about all that has been going on with us latley, now we're all caught up!!

14 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Ya!! :-)

aubri said...

FUN Birthday!!! I'm the WORST and didn't even know about it...you should get on Facebook so it can remind me:)

You sound so busy with projects but that's so fun! Can't wait to see and hear how they turn out!

Jason & Claire said...

I had comments to make about everything else...birthday, camp, school, projects...but Nick getting his schedule changed took all my attention! Yay! I'm SO happy for you to have him home every night! And, I'm so happy for him to be able to get regular sleep! I'm sure all your projects will come out amazing and you'll be incredible in school and your callings! Love ya!

Lindsay said...

I know when Chad got his new job and he no longer had to work graveyard shift was one of the biggest blessings in our lives:)Sounds like things are just getting better and better for you guys:) I am so happy for you!!

katealyson said...

Again, I'm SOOOOOO glad you got to go shopping! I'm still a little jealous and sad I couldn't join you, but I know you had a blast! And I'm so glad your whole B-day was so great.

I'm glad your midterms are done. Now on to your much deserved spring break! Hope you can get everything done that you have planned. Enjoy it all!

And you didn't tell me Nick got a schedule change!! That's absolutely fantastic! Oh I'm so happy for you guys. Love you tons!!

Bob & Dani said...

I agree with Mom - WOW! You guys really are busy, but being busy is good. What secret plans do you have for Addie? You really don't need to do anything special, but thanks in advance. Have a fun break!

Anonymous said...

During a very busy time in my life, people used to ask me how I did it all and I would say ,"You just do what you gotta do." And I think you "do what you gotta do" very well Lindi! You've got your priorities in line and an enthusiasm for everything you do, so you will do great. I know Nick is so very happy to be done with graveyards -- it's an answer to prayers. Glad you had such a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love, Terri

Richard & Katie said...

Yeah I'm with mom and Dani, wow!! I'm am very happy that nick doesn't have to work gravehard any more because I know how you always had a hard time sleeping. Your Birthday sounded way fun. You are a very spolied girl and there is nothing wrong with that :) (I am too)Thanks for sharing. Love ya!

lacey bassett said...

Fun to hear your update!! Glad you get a break :) I don't know if it sounds like much of a break.. but definitly a break from school right!! Glad all is well!

Geraldine said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. You are an amazing young lady. I am so proud of you and Nick. Keep up the great work on your schooling. I knew you could do it!!! You're one smart girl. Happy belated birthday.

Brett and Desiree said...

"When is Lindi going to visit us again?" --Aubrianne

We miss you! Hang in there and enjoy your break--you are awesome! Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday:)

KrIStiN said...

i have a question. How did u stick up the wrapping paper in your kitchen? and also the ribbon..i am so in love with this idea..can u give me the 411 on it? Thank you!! krist2002@yahoo.com..(kristin allred) just in case ya didn't know! :)

JesseTaeao Markovitz said...

YAAAY!!! big happy birthday to you!! sounds like a fun filled day! and HUGE YIPPEE FOR NICK and the schedule change!!!!! how in the world did that happen?..lol it only took forever and a day.. lol i'm so happy for you BOTH.. and excited for your new calling!! i just posted about leva's old nursery in hawaii!! it's def harder than people think it is, but i know you can totally pull it off. my post is an old one so you'll prob have to look in the month of feb or something.. good luck!

Kaile and Cambria said...

Hi, this is Kaile. I need your Husband's phone number!