Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy 25th Anniversary!!!



This post is for my mom and dad!! Their 25th Anniversary is TODAY (February 18th)!!!:) 25 years is definitely something to celebrate. I'm so happy and proud of my parents and hope nothing more but wonderful years of happiness together.

My sisters and I (and our husbands...well ALMOST Richard) always talked about doing something really fun and exciting to celebrate Mom and Dad's 25th!! We talked about throwing them a huge surprise party with all their close friends and good food. Well... a couple years later and Dani and Bob are in Utah, Nick and I are in Nevada, and that would leave Katie and Richard to watch them celebrate... BORING!! So we went with plan B! Most of this was Dani's idea so I have to give her most of the credit. We arranged a "Get Away Weekend" for the two of them. My mom had mentioned a Restaurant in Rod Lodge, Montana that they really liked! We found that it was a hotel as well. The "Get Away" included reservations at the hotel, diner, and breakfast. My sisters and I split all the assignments up and made it happen. Dani made the reservations, I made a card with the information about their "Get Away", and Katie ordered the flowers and had them delivered with the card. In order for this card to be delivered to my mom's house without her knowing, I hid it in the bridal present that I sent to Katie. She then took the card to the flower shop and asked for it to be delivered with the flowers. Did that make sense? Yes, it was very sneaky I know! :) Anyways... here is the card that I made.
(I didn't take pictures before sending the card, so I took the pictures off your blog mom!! Thanks)








I found out today that my mom didn't realize that we set up this "Get Away" until she looked at this part of the card closer! :) It has all the details! She simply thought we made a nice card and sent her flowers... How lame do you think we are?! LOL!



We had a lot of fun setting all this up and we're happy that mom and dad liked it as well!! We hope that you truly enjoy your 25th celebration!! Love you both!!

8 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Wow Lindi! What a sweet and beautiful gift from all of you. I hope they enjoy it. That card is AMAZING! Love ya!

Tracy said...

THANKS!! I know, I'm kinda slow!!! We're gonna change the date of the get away, but it will still be good!! Love Ya!

Trevor & Andrea said...

that is one creative card! very thoughtful idea guys! way to go:)

Kimberly said...

That's great, Lindi!! I can't get over the picture! I think some of Nick's "sneaky" schemeing is rubbing off on you! ;) Congrats to your parents! We've heard so many good things about that movie and can't wait to see it! Love you guys!

Bob & Dani said...

The card is AWESOME!!! Good work. I love it! Thanks for doing it. It was fun to plan and do together. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your Mom & Dad on their 25th anniversary! Beautiful card and fun surprise.
Love you guys! Terri

The Pfau's said...

How sweet! Your parents are lucky to have such creative fun girls. Such a good idea I might have steal your idea for my parents anniversary! But I would need help with the card that was sooo cute!

Jessie said...

I am doing really good. I am recovering much faster this time! Beau is a great baby and Owen is a good helper and big brother. Yes we will be at Katie's reception. I am looking forward to seeing you and finally meeting Nick.