Sunday, July 6, 2008

The PERFECT DAY!!

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I've been on here to add events to our blog. It's been a couple of crazy but FUN weeks. We had the PERFECT WEDDING day and GREAT reception. We then moved to Las Vegas where some friends of our's planned a reception for us here too. Both my family and Nick's were able to help us move and then meet a lot of great people here in Vegas. Then Nick and I went to DisneyLand for a couple of days on a honeymoon. That was ANOTHER surprise from Nick. Our original plan was to just go somewhere fun for our One Year Anniversary, but he planned it all. What a keeper I have. Now, we're BACK in Vegas and are getting things organized and Nick's back to work. We also got the internet hooked up in our house so that we can keep in touch with everyone!! :)

I've been VERY EXCITED to blog about our wedding and get the amazing pictures up too. Nick wrote about our wedding day in his journal and I got his permission to put what he wrote on our blog. So here's what Nick said about our Wedding Day!! :)


"What a PERFECT DAY!! We all woke up pretty early to get ready for the day. My whole family left early because mom had the diner to get ready for that night. So I was left home a lone for a while. after a while, I made my way out to Lindi's parents house. I got there and she was getting her hair done. It was awesome just being with her and her family getting ready for the wedding. I had a "Matt Bassett Burger" while I was waiting. ;) Then we were finally all ready to go and Lindi and I jumped into her car and led the way to Billings. Lindi wasn't feeling very good all day, her stomach was acting up. But, we finally made it to the Billings Temple just in time. We got in there and we started answering questions and they were filling out papers and then we made it back to the dressing room. After we got all dressed, we met with my Grandpa Garrick who going to be sealing us. We sat down and he talked to us for awhile and showed us our marriage certificate. He then explained how the ceremony would go and in what order. We then headed for the sealing room where we were going to be OFICALLY MARRIED for TIME and ALL ETERNITY. We walked in to see the entire room packed full of all our family and friends. As the ceremony began, Grandpa talked to us for a while and gave us 3 words of advice- MAKE IT WORK!! That was it for personal counsel and I think that's enough. That's exactly what we need to do to have a happy eternal marriage. During the ceremony Grandpa had us look directly at one another. It was amazing to just look at and study her face. I think I had tears welling up, but I didn't let em' fall. ;) We both said yes to the questions, then he asked us to kiss as husband and wife. Then he told us that now we could always say that the first time I kissed my wife was over the altar of the temple on our wedding day. It wasa pretty funny! :) Our family and friends then congratulated us one by one as everyone was crying. We then walked outside of the temple as husband and wife and everyone was still there and came over and congratulated us with hugs and kisses. We took pictures and then went to a nearby church where mom had planned a dinner for everyone who had been at the temple. The dinner was a nice place to relax and visit with everyone. Mom did a nice job with the dinner. :) Then Lindi and I left and headed to the Billings Hotel. It was really nice and had a jacuzzi in the room also. I'm so in love with my wife and eternal companion. I'm so grateful for her in my life and will be forever indebted to the Lord for making to possible for us to together forever. What a PERFECT DAY!!!"




Celia Mangus took our pictures and she did a GREAT job. There are A LOT of them too. So this could get a little LONG!! :)





THE DRESS





These are all the people who came to our wedding and were waiting outside. We had such a GREAT turn out and it was good to have all of them there.
The picture on the right was pretty fun because she had everybody kissing. LOL!!



The Wedding Party


My two sisters were my Bridesmaids. I LOVE them to death and we had a good time.
Nick's two brothers were the groomsmen.
The picture below on the left is pretty funny because Celia asked the boys to pick me up and lay horizontally across them. Well, since I'm so tall it took Nick and then Tyler held my foot.



Always save the best for last...



There are a lot more pictures, but I decided to put them on a slideshow and they can be viewed at the top of our blog. I haven't gotten pictures from the reception back yet. I'll put them on here once I get them.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Love this post!! Glad things are going good. Love You!

Bob & Dani said...

It looks great! All your photos turned out so well. Call me when you get the chance. Love you!

Jason & Claire said...

I love all of them! Your dress is beautiful. I know I already told you that but hey-- it is just that beautiful! I hope you're getting settled in. Call if you need anything!

Emily Asay said...

i saw some of your pics on dani's blog, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress, your hair, your sister's dressed, so beautiful. YOU are gorgeous and make a beautiful bride. best luck toyou both!!!! ps celia took our pics too, she's good huh?

Destiny said...

You look beautiful Lindi! Glad you had a great day!

Michelle Thompson said...

Congratulations! What a handsome couple! We wish you the best!

Anonymous said...

You two look so incredibly happy!
And you look amazing in your dress!!!What a wonderful wedding day!

I hope all is going well as you settle into your home in Vegas. Lets keep in touch! Loves!

lacey bassett said...

lindi this post about makes me want to cry! i am so mad that i mist your reception, but erik and i wanted to get away for the weekend because we didn't know if we could agian for a while. But give me your address i have something to send to you guys! I wish you the best of luck! you guys both look really happy, and i am so happy for you!!
lacey

lacey bassett said...

excuse my spelling in that last comment i was really trying to spell MISSED!! haha not mist :)
love ya girl!

Unknown said...

This is SO fun! I could easily spend days looking at your 'stuff' and then going to everyone elses 'stuff'. You look like the princess bride with her prince: best of all, it is inside and out! The little kids miss you SO much, Lindi. Hey, I was really relieved to see that Lacey corrected the 'mist' to 'missed' :) Love you, Josephine Crosby