Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SURPRISE!!!

Nick's birthday was today (Tuesday, June 17th) and I wanted to do something really special for him. Since we're also getting married this week Nick didn't even want to focus on the fact that his birthday was this week. He just wanted to forget that fact and just focus on the wedding. But I couldn't do that. :) Nick loves the mountains and especially BBQing. He's ALWAYS surprising me with different things, so I had to pay him back. Since we're moving back to Vegas right after we get married, he won't be able to see all his buddies and won't have much of a chance to go up to the mountains. SO... This is what I came up with. A SURPRISE BIRTHDAY BBQ for NICK on the MOUNTAINS!! I had called all of his good friends that I knew he had been wanting to see and told them to meet up on the mountain at a camp Site called 5 Springs. It was a blast!! Most everyone showed up and Nick was TOTALLY surprised! :)
I woke up early that morning and made his favorite cake, Spice cake. Then I went to the store to get the last min. things. After getting everything bunched up, I headed to my mom's to drop of all the goodies. My little sister, Katie and Nick's little brother, Tyler met at my mom's later that night to pick up all the goodies to head to the mountain. Everyone else met up not long after. Then Nick and I drove up the mountain a little later to find everyone waiting to surprise Nick for his birthday. He was shocked!! All day long he never even suspected a thing. It couldn't have gone better.
We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs over the fire(Ya, that's Nick doing the cooking, he's good at it so I made him do it.)Braden and Richard brought the guitar to keep us entertained. Then we had cake and S'mores for desert. It was a blast getting to see everyone. Most importantly, Nick LOVED it and said he's never had a surprise birthday done for him before. He loved getting to hang out with his buddies and just visit.


I also got him a few more things that I had wrapped and wanted him to open later. Since we did the BBQ last night and today is actually his birthday, he opened the rest of his birthday gifts today. We were in Billings today and found a park to relax in so he could open his present.



Nick LOVES popcorn and I'm pretty sure he'd eat it everyday if he could. I found this really neat popcorn jar that I thought would be perfect to get him. That can be the designated popcorn bowl AND it will look good in our kitchen. ;) LOL!! I filled the bowl with Popcorn, Sunflower Seeds, and 4 packs of his favorite gum. I also got him a pair of shorts and two shirts. He tried them on later to find that they fit perfectly. Nick loved the gifts and the surprise. It was a FUN birthday! :)


4 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

What a great birthday you planned for him! He's a lucky guy. That is awesome that he got to see all of his friends and have such a sweet memory- especially this week right before he gets married. Happy Birthday Nick!

katealyson said...

Yay! That was so much fun. Good idea Lindi Lou Hoo. And I absolutely adore the hair. Hope your pictures went well! One more day.... :)

lacey bassett said...

Lindi! I love your page :) way to go on the surprize party i bet nick loved it!! you will be an awesome wifey!! but today is the big day and i wanted to say good luck with everything and CONGRATULATIONS!! and so far baby bassett hasn't wanted to come out so i should be at ur reception tommorow! woohoo!! one more time CONGRATULATIONS!! see you soon!
lacey

Jason & Claire said...

Hey you two. I just realized you're married now! We wish we could have come. I'm sure you won't read this little comment for awhile but we are thinking about you. Congratulations!