Monday, June 2, 2008

Working hard...


As many of you know, Nick has been in Vegas since January as we've been apart for the last 5 months. Once again... not very fun. ;) Nick has been working very hard during these past few months while I finished school in Wyoming. He's been working two different jobs. In the mornings, he works at the Dessert Book Store. Nick usually has 2 hours to get to his next job which is located on the strip. He doesn't love the atmosphere there, but he was set up with this job by a friend in January. Nick was grateful for this offer and has been working hard ever since. We've been so blessed with all the many opportunities that have come our way. Things are working out perfectly. Nick works Vale Parking at the Hilton. He's had a pretty good time being able to drive all the sweet cars and meet some neat people. Once in a while he'll send me pictures or video clips that show me what he's up to.

Nick called me one day and was so excited. "Babe, you'll never believe what car I just drove!!" He told me that he got to drive this car. His supervisor had to ride in the passenger side of the car with him because of the different controls that operate the car. Nick told me that the gas/brakes were on the steering wheel. There were NO pedals like there are on an everyday car. Nick said it was pretty fun to drive.
Nick was recently promoted to Supervisor. This changes his job description a little. Now he greets everybody in the front as they pull in. He then calls people over the radio to come up and park the cars. So he physically won't be parking cars anymore. Nick told me the other day that this same company offered me a job to be their ticket/key girl. They even offered us the same days and hours. If that job offer ends up coming through, we'd be pretty excited to spend that time together. Some people think we are CRAZY for wanting to work together. LOL!! I guess we will see what happens? :)

4 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

I think that would be a blast for you guys to work together. I remember when Jason used to work hard on the strip. It was hard while it lasted but it has paid off in the long run. Some of those cars are sweet- not that I know what they are or anything. ;)

Jason & Claire said...

PS- Your blog gets cuter every time I look at it. I love your new top picture.

FrankNApril said...

I love your blog! Very cute! April

jsmbbaker said...

Wow... I can't believe that you guys are getting married! Congrats. When I think about both of you guys, all I can think of is you as my little sis at girls camp and Nick as Matt's little brother... and how I always told him I'd get him a horse for his birthday! Ha ha ha. Well- you guys look great- tell Nick great job on the proposal, very romantic, and it's great that you have it caught on film!