Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Honeymoon Adventure

Nick and I talked about going on a honeymoon but decided that because he had already taken 3 weeks off of work for the wedding, that we wouldn't have much time. So we planned to just wait and do something for our One Year Anniversary. Well, little did I know that he had something planned as a surprise for me. :) Laura, one of our good friends in Vegas, asked Nick what we were doing for out honeymoon. He explained the situation and that was that. Then she said let me pay your way to Disney Land for a day and a hotel room for two nights. That way we'd have just enough time to have some fun and then be able to get back to work. Nick was hesitant, but agreed. They kept this a secret until the night Nick and I opened all our wedding presents we had gotten at the reception. We got a lot of really nice gifts and all of Nick's family and mine was there to watch. When I thought we had finished opening all the presents, Nick grabbed one that was behind the chair and said that I had forgotten one. It was only addressed to me, so I thought that someone who wasn't able to get to my bridal shower might have just brought the gift then. I opened it up and was SHOCKED!!!

Laura had bought this stuff and put a little card together for me. There was also a letter inside the card that explained her wanting to do something really special for our wedding. I was so overwhelmed with excitement and joy that I began to cry. Like I said before, Nick is a keeper. He's always doing amazing things for me.
We headed for Disney Land on Monday and planned to return to Vegas on Wednesday night. Before we left town that morning, we stopped by the bank. The guy that was assisting us told us that since we were going to California and would be near Laguna Beach that we HAD to see the ocean. He went on and on about how pretty it is and how close it is to Disney Land. He was so excited for us that he got on mapquest right then and printed us off directions from Vegas to Laguna Beach. We were excited and made our way out of Vegas headed for Laguna. The drive was about four hours long and seemed to go by pretty quickly. I was being the navigator while Nick drove. We were following directions perfectly and according to the mapquest directions, we were ALMOST there. This is where our adventure begins... We pull off the interstate into what mapquest TOLD US was LAGUNA BEACH. It didn't look like much, but we continued to follow the directions. It took us down side streets and we kept looking at each other like what the heck? But we kept on going. Finally the last direction took us down a dead end street. We were not very happy. The neighborhood was FREAKY looking and we knew something wasn't right. There was a man standing in his front yard watering his lawn and so Nick rolled down the window and asked him where the heck Laguna Beach is. The man laughed at us because OBVIOUSLY we weren't in the right place. He told us that Laguna is back down the interstate a ways. He gave us some crazy directions and we turned around and headed for a gas station. We were so mad that mapquest totally screwed us up. Later we found out that the town we were in, Commerce, California, is a very scary place and people were amazed that we made it out safely. Scary Huh? ANYWAYS... We decided to forget about Laguna Beach for the day and to just drive to Annaheim to our hotel. We got there within 30 minuets and all was well.
The next morning we got up early had some breakfast and got on the shuttle that took us to Disney Land. Nick told them it was our first time so they gave us pins that we wore around all day. :)
(NOTE: The date on the pictures is not accurate. Our camera was not set right.)
Right when we got there we were a little overwhelmed by the amount of people, but we got a map of the resort and headed towards the things we wanted to see. Our first ride was the Indiana Jones ride. It was a blast. The warning said those with back problems should not get on this ride... LOL!! But it's a good thing I did because it wasn't that rough. It was a blast. :) We then went on a Safari Boat ride and a couple of smaller other things. We decided that Splash Mountain was a MUST DO.

Here's a good story... EVERYBODY knows about this ride and it always looked pretty fun, so I agreed to go on it with Nick. The people who work at each ride saw our 1st visit pins and automatically put us in the FRONT of the car. GREAT IDEA... I wasn't very happy. I can't even believe I went on this ride. LOL!! Nick was pumped that we got the front and had a blast. I don't like this ride AT ALL! I handled all the other rides just fine, but this one was too much for me. LOL! You have to check out this picture, it's priceless...
It looks like I'm just screaming and kind of having fun, but I told Nick later that day when we were laughing about it that I wasn't even screaming. I was trying to catch my breath. You know what the air just sucks it out of you... ya, that's what I was doing. LOL!! Pretty hilarious. We get a good laugh out of it every time. :)
We had a pretty fun and exciting day. We did a lot of things, but will have to go back sometime because we didn't have time for some of them. We went on the King Aurthur Carrousel...


On the Matterhorn Bobsleds...


Dumbo the Flying Elephant...


We watched the parade...


We just had a TON of fun doing little stupid things too...

This was right after getting off Splash Mountain, that's why we're SOAKED!! We found these newly-weds mickey hats and didn't want to buy them, so just took a picture LOL!!


Nick practicing his firemen skills... :)


Is he the chosen one?! ;)

And MOST IMPORTANTLY of ALL... We got to meet Mickey :)

We went back to Disney Land later that night and watched the AMAZING firework show.

On Wednesday morning, before checking out of our hotel, we asked the lady at the front desk how far it was to Laguna Beach. They gave us an ACCURATE map and we found that it was only 25 minuets away. We had a BLAST at Laguna Beach too. We stayed for only 3 hours because we still had to drive home to Vegas that night.

The water was FREEZING and Nick carried me out to the water and took a picture right when a wave had almost knocked us over. LOL!!


Our 3 day honeymoon was a BLAST!!

3 comments:

aubri said...

I am so glad that you guys got to take some time out and just be together as a married couple! Disneyland is so much fun- what an awesome gift! I say it all the time, but being married is the BEST! I seriously think it's a blast and the best thing in the world. We need to get together soon I feel bad that I didn't get to talk to you more the other night. I really was looking forward to it! I'm excited that you live here and that we're family! Yay!

Jason & Claire said...

You guys always take the cutest pictures together! I'm glad you had such a great time and finally did get some time together alone. I'm also glad you made it out of the Commerce alive!!

Anonymous said...

oh how fun! He definitely sounds like a keeper! I am glad that I didn't take the last decent man out there :)

Thanks for your comment on Jordan and my blog. It is nice to informally meet you :)