Friday, July 18, 2008

Family fun & Vegas Reception

It took me a while to get the pictures from our trip to Vegas and our reception here, but now I have them...
After Nick and I were married, my parents and younger sister helped us move to Vegas. They drove the Tahoe with the Uhaul and Nick and I drove my car. We're SO grateful to my parents for helping us move, because it couldn't have happened without their help and support. It was two day trip and we were happy to have made it safely here. Now this was the first time for my parents to come to Vegas. Of course we had to drive INTO Vegas in the daylight. You should have seen the look on my parents' face as soon as I told them we were right outside of Vegas. This is a picture my mom took of the outskirts.
They were NOT impressed with the scenery. LOL!! Can you blame them? They have the Bighorn Mountains right out their window to enjoy everyday. Anyways... Once we got INTO Vegas, they relaxed a little when seeing how beautifully landscaped all of it is. Once we got all unloaded and unpacked we met Nick's family who flew to Vegas. The next couple of days were fun and relaxing as we showed them the Las Vegas Temple and of course, the Strip. We didn't spend much time on the Strip, but we all enjoyed the water show. :)

My mom took this awesome picture of Angel Moroni! :)



A few days afterwards, we had our reception. This reception was done by Carl and Steph Combado. They are good friends of ours from here. It was pretty laid back compared to the main reception that we had in Wyoming (I still don't have those pictures); however, it was really fun. The purpose of this reception was for me to meet people from Vegas.

I met a lot of people and we had a good time. :) I'm excited to post the Wyoming reception. :)

3 comments:

Dana said...

Hey Lindi! KB and I are here and love your pictures! So cute! Looks like you guys had a great honeymoon and all that. AND, I like your pool. :) Hope you're having fun in Vegas, I'll be there in October for Renae's wedding!

Jason & Claire said...

Ah, I feel so bad for your mom having to leave her little girl in this desert. At least she liked the temple. Her picture is gorgeous.

Trevor & Andrea said...

You guys had a beautiful wedding! Flowers and all, looks like the weather coroperated as well:)no wind thats good!! haha, hope you caught the inside joke there:) but ya... your pictures are amazing!! and it looks like your having a great time (the POOL) come on now! geez your so lucky:) hehe!