Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our story...




Nick served his Mission in Las Vegas, Nevada and returned home at the end of November. While he was serving, I was attending Northwest College in Powell, Wyoming. Powell is only 30 mins from our hometown. That's right... me and Nick grew up together. We were in the same class and became really close friends in the eighth grade. I'm pretty sure that was when a secret crush on one another had begun. ;) We ended up dating on and off through high school. When he left on his mission, neither one of us had any intentions of marrying each other. In fact, we weren't exactly on talking terms. :) Eventually all that blew over and we had begun writing each other each week for the last 6 months of his mission. It was very exciting waiting to hear from him each week. I remember there were a couple of times when he would get too busy and was not able to write for a week. Those weeks were a downer and not so fun! :)
Nick arrived home in November and we immediately starting hanging out and going on dates. It was so good getting to see him and also getting to know the "new" nick. Even though I wasn't going to graduate from Northwest College until May of 2008, Nick had planned to go back to Vegas where he wanted to fulfill his dream of becoming a Professional Fire Fighter. He planned to return to Vegas in January. Since I was still on "Christmas" break, I was able to drive down with him to help him move and also a chance to see Vegas. The trip was a BLAST and little did I know Nick had planned to PROPOSE to me on Salt Lake Temple Square. Nick knows this is my favorite temple, and he wanted it to be special to me. My mom and him had planned the entire thing. We now have pictures of the special moment that will help us to remember that amazing day forever. (You can read ALL ABOUT the Proposal in the "Proposal" post) I flew back to Wyoming so that I could finish school. Nick has been working two jobs and saving up for when we get married and begin our lives in Vegas. We've been flying back and forth each month so that we can spend some time with one another. I wouldn't recommend a long distance engagement. It will keep you out of trouble, but it isn't very fun AT ALL. However, we have hung in there and are grateful that we only have 23 DAYS left. Nick flys into Billings on June 13th and we're getting married June 20, 2008 in the Billings, Montana temple.

No comments: