Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Finaly Graduated...



Northwest College is a two year school that is great in both the education and the cost. I met some awesome people here and made great friends. Two of the best people I met here are Toni Williams and Kate Jones(Left to Right). Both of these girls became two of my best friends. We always had SO much fun together.
The student ward and institute classes were both so fun. I was active in the Student Senate, Art Club, Trailblazers, and Institute. It took me a little longer than three years because I had back surgery (a two-level fusion) at the age of 18. My surgery took place over "Christmas" break in 2005. The months of recovery in a back brace put me behind a little, but none the less, I finished at NWC with an Associates in Fine Arts. I'm attending UNLV in the Fall where I plan to major in Art Education and minor in Interior Design. Nick will be attending CSN where he will be taking his paramedic classes that make him eligible for the fire fighter test he will be taking.
My Graduation ceremony was short and sweet. The speakers were actually very good. Nick was able to fly home for it. My parents and younger sister were both there. Nick's parents and his older brother were also there in support. It's nice to actually walk in the graduation ceremony of a smaller college because I knew a lot of the graduates. It was a very nice day and good to say good-bye to all my classmates and professors.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations Girl! Must feel awesome! Can't wait 'til I hit that mark...someday, lol. "Life's what happens while you're busy making other plans", if you know what I mean. ;)

katealyson said...

Man, what hotties! :) I love love love the blog! Now I have two blogs to occupy my time. It's lookin good my love!