Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our "Blue" Weekend

This weekend we had to the opportunity to go see The Blue Man Group live at the Venetian.

All of the shows here in Vegas were 1/2 off this month for locals. We always try to get together with Nick's cousin Jason, and his wife, Claire, at least ONCE a month! Claire heard about this great deal and we couldn't refuse the offer. The Blue Man show was our "monthly get-together activity." :) It was such a FUN night!
Claire told us that she got us 2nd row seats and we were pretty excited about that. We met them and two friends of Claire and Jason's there also. Once we walked towards the front where we would be seated, we noticed that everyone that was sitting in the first couple of rows were wearing plastic covering. It had a hood to protect your head, two holes for your arms, and then covered the rest of your body. I looked at Nick and said "what the heck? We are going to be COVERED in paint aren't we?" Claire was just laughing that she got us 2nd row tickets...real funny! ;) Here's are cool we looked in the 2nd row. ;)

I have to admit that at first I was a little freaked out. I didn't know if the Blue guys were scary or what?! :) I soon found that the show was a comedy. We had a blast and it was very interesting. Here's a clip I found online. It's just from one part of the show.


This next video can get a little long... I understand. BUT... This is what happened to NICK at the show! :) Watch the video clip until you see the part about the throat... TRUST ME!!

The blue man walked up to Nick...all freaky like that and put the camera in his mouth. Then on the screen they showed what the camera saw. This camera showed everything from his mouth to the bottom of his stomach. I of course knew it wasn't real because I was sitting right next to him and knew the camera didn't go past his mouth. The crowd on the other hand, TOTALLY believed it and they were all freaking out believing that the camera had been shoved clear to his stomach. Jason was worried about Nick after wards because the camera showed an ulcer in Nick's stomach. :) LOL!! It was awesome!
At one point in the show, they had TONS of crept paper dropped from the ceiling in the back of the room and it was passed over the tops of everyone's heads until it reached the front row and then was passed onto the stage. It was CRAZY!! There was SOO much paper and it seemed like forever until it was over. Here are some pictures of us after wards.


Here was one of the piles at the front of the stage after the show.

Claire, thanks for thinking about this. We've wanted to see this show but weren't sure we wanted to pay the full price. This 1/2 deal was an awesome opportunity for us. Thanks for taking us!

8 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Yeah baby! I just finished posting about how awesome it was. I feel kind of dorky that I loved it so much but I can't help it! Thank you so much for going with us. Having you there covered in TP with me made it even better! I can't wait for our next monthly date with you guys. We always have such a great time. We are so happy to have friends like you. Love you guys!

katealyson said...

Holy crap! That is classic! I love that they chose Nick. That is awesome! :) I watched the movie and I totally believed they stuck it down the guy's whole throat..I was feeling bad for Nick haha So I'm glad it was fake :) Fooled me! I'm so glad you got to go!
xoxo

Tracy said...

Looks like FUN!! I think you guys live in a PARTY all the time!! ;-)
Thanks for sharing!!

Trevor & Andrea said...

wwere going to go see that once and our lil vegas trip got cancelled due to class :( that looks like it was pretty fun!

aubri said...

Isn't that such a fun show?! I love it! Glad you guys had fun too!

lacey bassett said...

oh Lindi that looks like so much fun!! That is fun that you guys can get together with nicks family!

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Lindi, I hope that you have a great day and I will be seeing you soon. Oh by the way we live really close to the air port and so if you need a ride to or from the air port let me know I would love to help. We also have an extra room if you ever need a place to stay.

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday, dear Lindi...Happy Birthday to you! Have a great day, sis!! Love you guys and can't wait to see you!!!!!! Love, Ken, Kim, Taysum and Bailey