Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend in Wyoming!



It seems like we JUST got back to Vegas from being in Wyoming for Christmas, and we had the best excuse to get to go back so SOON!! My little sister, Katie, got married this past weekend to Richard Walker in the Billings, Montana Temple. It was a beautiful day and they got lucky with the warm weather. Mom talked to us earlier that week and told us to start praying because it had been eight below that week. Nick and I were going to FREEZE!! :) But we all lucked out and enjoyed the beautiful day.
Friday was spent decorating for the reception. It turned out BEAUTIFUL!! But I'm sure that's NO surprise to those who know my mom. She pulled off the 3rd and last reception for us girls. :( It still blows my mind that my sisters and I are all married now. How time flies!! Katie picked a pretty good guy and what a darling couple they make. We love Richard!!

Saturday was a LONG but very joyous day!! Us girls were up and ready to roll by doing hair at 5 am! And of course this wouldn't have been the same without Jamie there to make all the hair complete. Were on the road headed to Billings by 7 am. Nick and I were running a little late and because we were trying to catch up to my dad the entire time, we ended up getting flipped off a couple of times. :) That's alright though because I told Nick that we HAD TO get there in time for me to be with Katie. They don't call us 9er's for nothing you know?! :)
The ceremony was so sweet. President Morrison did a wonderful job. They had a great turn out with the amount of people who attended both the ceremony and the reception. The ceremony was followed by everyone taking pictures with the bride and groom. They had a light luncheon following that and then everyone drove back to Wyoming to get ready for the reception. Like I said before the turn out at the reception was GREAT!! We visited with so many family and friends. It was so good to see everyone.

The pictures that I've posted below are during the decoration process and are not fully completed as they were at the reception. I left a lot of details and pictures out because I know my mom is going to create an amazing post with all those things and more. :)



We had such a WONDERFUL time being home again and getting to spend time with our family and friends. Like always, it wasn't long enough though. Our flights were great and the only thing we ask for is probably more time with both families. We are so grateful that we were able to go home to be part of this wonderful event.

I wanted to do something fun and special for Richard and Katie. Below is a picture of the two things I made for them. They didn't exactly turn out how I planned, but it was fun to try!! :) What do you think?

The purple canvas on the left is hard to see. I will add a better picture later. The quote below the 3 pictures says "Together is a great place to be."
Richard, we are SOO excited to have you as part of the family. Nick had a good time at the bachelor party and going shooting with you two. Katie, we couldn't be happier about your choice to marry him. We are so happy for you both and know that you'll LOVE married life and all that it brings. :) CONGRATS!! We love you!!

5 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Sweet! It looks like it came out great. Glad you had such a great time with family and friends. Ha ha, we have you in Vegas! So kidding- don't get mad at me Wyoming people!

Michaell & Madison said...

the wedding turned out GREAT!!! that is crazy that little kadi is married! and your gift rocks how in the HECK do you come up with things like that i love it...ps my birthday is jan 29 if you feel like trying to do anouter one of your great creative ideas ;)

aubri said...

How fun! I'm so happy to were able to spend time with family and friends-it seriously doesn't get any better than that! The reception looks beautiful! I know I've only met them once, but you really do have such a sweet and beautiful family. LOVE what you made your sister- seriously, you need to help my pitiful self :)

Destiny said...

Looks like it was fantastic! Katie looks beautiful, and I cannot believe she's married!! Steven and I will be in Vegas tomorrow till Sunday, we'd love to see you guys!

The Pfau's said...

Don't you love when there are good excuses to go visit family!! I am glad you had such a great time. Congratulations to your little sis! She is beautiful!