Sunday, September 21, 2008

Funny Females and Foul Football

While I was writing this post, I asked Nick to come up with a title... It describes our weekend PERFECTLY!!
We'd ALL been planning and looking forward to this weekend and what a BLAST it was!! On Friday morning I picked up Nick at 9 am from work at Mandalay Place. We planned to wash the car, get gas, and a few snacks for the road. We were headed to Logan, Utah for the weekend. We stayed with my oldest sister Dani and her husband Bob. My little sister Katie also made the drive from Powell, Wyoming that day too. Her and I planned to meet at Dani and Bob's at approximately the "same time"; However, when Nick and I were 45 mins out of Logan Katie text us and said she would be little late because she took a wrong turn. If any of you have driven from Lovell to Logan you know how many tricky turns have to be made and this was Katie's first time driving there. Well... poor Katie took a wrong turn to EVANSTON from Kemmerer and ended up being an hour behind schedule. We all had to laugh pretty hard about this because she didn't call until she was already an hour in the wrong direction. This little event started our weekend off JUST the right way!! Thanks Katie! ;) After Katie arrived we went to diner at Firehouse Pizza. We had a BLAST. My sisters and I are VERY close and we haven't ALL been together since my wedding, so we were SUPER excited. :)

Saturday's event was the main reason we made the trip to Logan. As some of you know it was the BYU vs. WYO game in Provo. And YES... Wyoming got their butts KICKED!!! ALL of us were proud to support our home-state team and went dressed in head to toe in WYO colors. We were VERY out numbered by Cougar fans as you can imagine. And even though Wyoming looked pretty pathetic the entire game, we still cheered for everything that they did right. The highlight of the game was meeting up with Nick's parents and youngest brother. They made the trip from Wyoming also. Jerry and Terri were the only two of our group who wore blue and white, so at least some of us weren't losers! ;) On our way to our seats I ran into my roommate from Northwest College in Wyoming. It was such an ironic thing to see her there and so fun too. As always... there seems to never be enough time to do everything you want or spend enough time with everyone that you want, but it was nice to see everyone. The game was very HOT and kinda of boring for us Wyoming fans. In fact it was a little embarrassing. :( After the game, we ALL went to t.g.i Friday's. It was a good food and fun time all visiting with one another. I was coming out of the bathroom and heard someone say "Lindi?" I turned around and there was one of our cousins Kelly. It was SOO crazy to run-into two people that I knew and had NO idea they were in the area. After dinner Nick's family went to Nick's aunt house in Provo and the rest of us headed back to Logan. Even though we were VERY tired from SUCH an EXCITING game, we decided to go to the movie WallE that night. I was told it was a very cute movie as I fell asleep on Nick's shoulder half way through the movie. :) I saw the very beginning and the very end and from what I saw, it was a good show. :) We all went home and straight to bed.
Sunday morning we slept in a little and then had a GOOD breakfast made by Bob. Katie headed for home and after going to Sacrament meeting with Dani and Bob, Nick and I headed back to Vegas. We couldn't of had a better time. We're SO glad that we went even if it was a short trip. I've missed my sisters SOO much and it was JUST what I needed to hold me over until Christmas when we're together again! ;)
To explain the title a little better... when my sisters and I get together, it is very loud with laughter as we are SOO excited to see one another and talk about everything. And I'm pretty sure the last part of the title is obvious!! Thanks for such a great weekend Dani and Bob and for letting us stay with you!! We love you and will see you at Christmas in WYOMING!! :)

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Good thing you have patient husbands. Glad you had FUN and that Katie didn't get lost!! :-)

Jill Asay said...

You three girls are so cute together. Sisters are the best friends to have!!

Bob & Dani said...

Wow! You didn't waste anytime blogging about our weekend. You got some really cute pictures. Thanks again for coming! We had a really good time. We'll have to do it again some time. Love You!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Looks like fun! its to bad our football team is so ronchy or however you spell that word... :) maybe next year they will be better! me and trev went to one home game and that was bout all we could stand! so much for our school spirit:) lol

Destiny said...

Glad you had fun, even though the game was awful! You girls are too cute :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you got that trip on your blog right away! It was so great to see you two, even if it was for a short time. It was a beautiful drive, a fun time, and FANTASTIC football!! Love you both.

Jason & Claire said...

Fun! What a great trip. Sorry Wyoming lost.

aubri said...

I was totally thinking about you guys on Saturday! You all looked so cute in your Wyoming get-up! Oh well about the game, at least you got to see family and that's always the best part!

Brett and Desiree said...

I'm w/Terri; I thought it was a pretty good game!:) For the record, I wore brown & gold to my first BYU-WY game at Cougar Stadium too...:)

Shannon said...

That's funny. You 3 are a hoot. Looks like you had a ton of fun.