Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our Wedding Reception

Yes, I KNOW we got married in June and now it's almost September, but I just got the pictures from our reception and wanted to post them. We had our reception the day after we got married in our hometown at the LDS church. Our Church is HUGE and it takes A LOT to fill the Cultural Hall (where we always have big events), but we were able to fill the entire room. Check it out...

My mom and I planned the layout of the Reception and she ALWAYS has such creative ideas that it turned out EXACTLY how we'd planned. I couldn't have done ANY of this without her.
We planned to have a "Fountain Table" in the middle of the room. This was an idea that hadn't been explored in little Lovell before. It was so AMAZING! The only request I had was having paper lanterns hanging above this table.

Click to play
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

My Aunt Donna who also helped a lot with our reception, had a great idea for the Gift Area. We wrapped GIANT boxes (washer and dryer sized) with wrapping paper and cute bows and ribbon. What a great idea and it turned out SO CUTE!! Jack Brinkerhoff always makes "Wedding DVD's" for those who ask. He records an interview of "our story" and also comes to the Temple to record us coming out of the temple and getting our pictures taken etc. We had this playing on a TV on your way towards the Receiving Line.
Our center pieces for the tables were also SO CUTE. Mom ordered the "love" words off the internet and then we spray painted them black. We added gold, black, and white ribbon to them. We also had a camera and a rose laying with it on each table.
Click to play
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


The funnest and MOST creative idea my mom had was a "Candy Buffet Table." I don't know how many of you have seen this done... but what a GREAT IDEA!! Not only do the kids love it, but so do the adults. It was a HIT!! We also had a Bulletin board behind it with some of our wedding pictures and the saying "Love Is Sweet!" We had little treat baggies and candy scoops that were used to fill the bags with candy. This was our "thank you" to those who came and celebrated with us at our reception.
Click to play
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


My friend Maggie Scott was the Reception Photographer. She also made the Cake. I drew up a design for how I wanted the cake to look and then she took it from there. It looked EXACTLY how I had planned. We also ordered napkins with the Billings Montana Temple, the date we were married, and our names. They were AWESOME... in fact we are still using them today because we had so many left over! :)
Click to play
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


This last one is just an overall view of the room and little things between.

Click to play
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


There are over 400 pictures and I don't want this to be a BORING post for you, so I've created a slideshow with SOME of the pictures. We had such a GREAT turn out and how fun it was to have so many people celebrate our day with us. Even though we've only been married for 2 1/2 months, it's fun to see all these pictures again and remember how cool the whole thing was and how much fun we had. I want to Thank my parents for making this event possible and being so patient with all the little things. :) I also want to thank Terri, my mother-in-law, for making our luncheon after the temple such a wonderful experience for us too. It was also very nice and a great turn out. Our Wedding Day and Reception would not have been the same without all of you who helped up so much. Thank You!





10 comments:

Tracy said...

She got some really good pictures. FUN post!! Love Ya! :-)

Lauren said...

Lindi! Your reception was gorgeous! I loved looking at all of the pictures. You are lucky to have such a great mom and others to make that memory so special! :) Congrats again!

Destiny said...

Very cute! My mom told me all about it, so I'm glad you posted pictures!

Bagleys said...

It really was sooo pretty Lind. I'm glad that it was everything you hoped it'd be. :)

lacey bassett said...

Lindi those pictures are WONDERFUL.. I am still so mad that i missed it, bc erik and i were taking our last camping trip before the little one came. but it was beautiful just as i figured!! haha i made my mom explain it to me in great detail so i kind of new what was going on!! hope all is well with school :) take care

Jason & Claire said...

Very pretty! I'm glad it was everything you hoped it would be. Last night was great. Thanks for inviting us. Good food & NICE people!

Brett and Desiree said...

Ten years later, we still had napkins left. It was a great joke at mom's to pull out those napkins for dinner when the table was set!:)

Trevor & Andrea said...

Wow, it was SOOO pretty!! you guys had a big job in that huge hall!!! Cute ideas! glad it turned out the way you wanted:)... Randomness, but as i was reading about your reception you said you had cameras in the center, not sure if they were real cuz in the pic they did not look like real ones... but that is a cool idea!!! buy little cameras decorate them and put them in the middle of the tables and ask people to take pictures on them and leave them... you would probably get some fun shots. hmmm:) anyways it looked fun wish i could have been there!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Well that is like the coolest idea i have never heard of that, way awesome!!! great idea:)answering your question bout school its good, and it is the last year for my bachelors degree!! YAY ...BUT then its on to grad school :( how bout you how much do you have left? i wish i were done:)
how is school/work going?

aubri said...

I'm glad you posted more pics of your wedding! Weddings are the best days ever! And I love looking at all the pictures, they're so fun! I'm so bummed that we missed out on the barbeque. We suck. We HAVE to do it again!