Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Job Search: COMPLETE!!

Las Vegas has soo many different options available when it comes to 'a job'. I had a number of different ideas about what I could do when I moved here. I thought about working full-time for Las Vegas Parking with Nick, maybe a scrapbook store, and then a job offer came for the Forum Shops inside Caesar's Palace. I ended up working a two week event for Las Vegas Parking, but now that it's over I was still job hunting until YESTERDAY!!

A few weeks ago a flyer came in the mail. It was about the Preschool on the UNLV campus. It was informing students that a work study position was available. After further reading I found that it was a teacher assistant job that was being offered. I was SO EXCITED!! I got onto the internet and downloaded the application right away. I had an interview with them yesterday and I GOT THE JOB!! :) She continued to show me around the preschool and I was so impressed with how fun and creative the different classrooms and the playground was. :)

Mission Statement:
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) / Consolidated Students University of Nevada (CSUN) Preschool is a division of the Department of Special Education. The preschool is housed in the Lynn Bennett Early Childhood Education Center on the UNLV Campus. The mission of the UNLV/CSUN Preschool is to provide a model inclusive early childhood program that serves children (6 weeks to 5 years of age) of students, faculty, staff and the surrounding campus community.
I'm so excited to begin working with the children as well as the teachers. I'm sure I will keep you updated about this experience throughout the semester! :)

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats! That is awesome. I love teaching at the preschool that I work at too. It's very fun. :) They will be VERY lucky to have such a great employee!

Anonymous said...

That is terrific Lindi!! Congratulations! Sounds like a great opportunity and a much better atmosphere to work in. What an answer to prayer and effort.

Bob & Dani said...

YEAH!! I'm so happy for you! I know that you'll do an amazing job and that you'll enjoy it. Plus, both your job and school will be all on the same campus. That's a bonus. Only three weeks until school starts! Love you.

Jason & Claire said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

Trevor & Andrea said...

YAY! that will be way fun! i worked at a preschool at NWC- it was way fun!! your gonna be great at that job!

Kathy said...

You'll have SO much fun with all those little children because you're so little too, and you have a beautiful smile with BIG blue eyes and a kind heart - just like your Mom. I envy both of you living in Vegas and just starting out with your "Wonderful Life". Things are the same here in good ol' Lovell, so don't be too homesick.
Hugs...

Destiny said...

Congrats Lindi! That's great! Kids are so fun at that age, I'm sure you'll love it. Good luck!