Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time For A Change

Last week Nick kept informing me that he had a surprise for me, but couldn't tell me for awhile? If you know Nick, you know that this is a regular occurance at our house...and I'm definetly not complaining about that! ;) I was wondering all week what could it be? I had no idea and a couple days later his phone rang and this conversation followed...

Nick: "Hello?"
female voice" "Hi, is Lindi there?"
Nick: "Um, ya, hold on..."
(nick looks at me with a confused voice and tells me he has no idea who it is but she wants to talk to me)
Me: "Hello?"
female voice: "Hi, is this Lindi?"
Me: "yes?"
female voice: "I was calling to confirm your hair appointment with Arcs salon on Thursday @ 1:45..."

...long silent pause, thinking to myself I never made a hair appointment? I look at Nick and he rolls his eyes, calls the "female voice" an idiot to himself. Ding! Ding!! I just found out what my surprise was 3 days early because the receptionist called ahead of time and ruined it!!! :) :)

Me: "...um, yes I'll be there. Thank you!!"

This particular salon is located at Mandalay Bay where Nick parks cars. He knew this lady from parking her car and she offered him an AMAZING deal to do my hair just because she is NICE!! I mean a really amazing deal...3 colors and a CHOP for...ready for this...$35!!!!!! Originally it would have cost me around $200 for that, which is out of the question. I like my hair but really? Of course our tip was very very generous and I still owe her a huge thank you!!

Here are the results:
(best BEFORE pic I could find)

Dark, Long and getting pretty bord of it

AFTER!!!


Not a great pic to show all the different colors and layers, but you kind of get the idea. I'm slowly trying to get it back to my original color, thats why we did 3 colors and it got rid of the lovely purple tint... which is a good thing! ;)

What do you think? I'm already tempted to chop it more and go back to the a-line cut! :)

Thanks Nick for always surprising me and being the sweetest!! I should learn by now not to mention things I need/want to do because the next thing I know, he already has it figured it out! :)

11 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

What a guy!!! I love your hair!! It is really cute and a change always feels so good!

Jessie said...

Very cute! He sure is a keeper.

Bagleys said...

Dude, super cute!!! I think you really look great with any hairstyle. :) Nick's a sweetie!

Tracy said...

I LIKE the color a lot better!! It looks great. I got my hair chopped today!! SHORT!!

Love Ya!

Richard & Katie said...

Your hair looks great! I'm happy you went lighter with the color. This picture is a lot easier to see and your hair is super cute! You are kind of spolied though ;)

Bob & Dani said...

OH, I love it! I like the color much better! How fun! Love you!

Jason & Claire said...

I love it! You look adorable...what's new?!? Miss you guys a ton. What a sweet surprise!

The Asay's said...

Love you hair. Kaite told me you were getting your hair done. What a nice suprise

aubri said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, Lindi!!! It looks awesome and totally brightens up your face:) I like the length it's at now so I'd say leave it!

Deanna said...

Soooooooooooooooooooo CUTE! I LOVE it! Of course you always look gorgeous. You are one of those choice few that could shave yourself bald and still be gorgeous! Love ya!

Jaime said...

Love love love it!!! Very pretty colors! It looks great! And Nick is pretty amazing:) I sure miss you guys! Makes me sad that I missed seeing you when you were here! Hope to see you next time...or maybe I should drag Ruben to Vegas and see you! Hmmm...