Saturday, August 29, 2009

Family Tree

On Monday, (8/24/09) Nick's parents, Jerry and Terri, celebrated their Anniversary. (CONGRATS!!) Nick's sister, Kim, called me about a month before the occasion with a gift idea for them. Kim is very creative and talented. She explained to me that she wanted to do an "Anderson Family Tree" for her parents, but she wanted my help to make it happen. She gave me A LOT of freedom on this project and pretty much said, "I thought it could be done on tiles. Maybe you could use a tree and have the family names on it. Then maybe you could do 5 smaller tiles with us kids' family members." Very creative idea huh?? I would have never thought of that. So... after much thinking and researching for ideas, I tried to make it as simple as possible.

(surprise, surprise... I didn't get good pictures of it ALL TOGETHER on the easels, but you get an idea of how it would have looked all together!!) :)

The MAIN tile (16x16)... Family Tree
And the 5 smaller Tiles (6x6)...
Since Kim didn't have an EXACT way of how she wanted it done, I was REALLY nervous on wither the final outcome was what she wanted or how she wanted it. I told her that I think I stressed Nick out because I wouldn't stop talking about how worried I was. LOL! However, when Kim got it in the mail, she called and said how much she loved it. Jerry and Terri also called once they received it from Kim and Lindsay on their anniversary, and expressed their gratitude and love for the gift. It was such a relief to know they liked the gift and it was somewhat like Kim had in mind. ;) Thanks for trusting me with your idea Kim... Happy Anniversary Jerry & Terri!! Hope you had a great day together! :)

8 comments:

Bagleys said...

Dude, I'm not kidding when I say you need to open up your own store and sell this stuff you do! It's awesome! And I'm pretty sure I would buy you out...lol. I'd definitely buy everything in there! You're very talented. Great job!

Tracy said...

Awesome job!! Looks amazing, kinda like the artist who made them!!

Jason & Claire said...

Way cute!!! I was excited to see pictures after you told me about it. Love it!

Richard & Katie said...

Wow Lindi jo! Those are way cute. Tons of people would love to have those. They are very cute, I love them!

katealyson said...

Man, Lindi, I love them! They turned out absolutely incredible!

Lindsay said...

They really did turn out better than I could have ever imagined. We had mom and dad over for dinner tonight for a belated anniversary celebration, thanks again for taking time to make those. They are above and beyond anything we could have thought of.

Trevor & Andrea said...

way awesome! you go girl!! ;)

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

What a nice idea!