Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Two Weeks Later...

LAST week my mom asked me if I had been sick because I hadn't updated the blog in 4 days. NOW... it's been 2 weeks and I guess I better update things before it becomes 3 weeks!
(Warning: This post is long with NO pictures!)
SCHOOL UPDATE
There hasn't been TOO much going on around here lately. Just trying to end this semester so I can start the summer one. Yes... I'm going to school during the summer and I'm beginning to ask myself "What Am I THINKING?" This week it has been 90+ degrees here in Vegas and it's already too warm. :) And it sure is taking me back to LAST summer here, thinking I was going to DIE from the heat. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only thing that kept me alive my first summer in Vegas, was staying inside the house. :) But that's not going to work this summer because I have a job and school to go to just like every one else. :)
I'm transferring to CSN to complete their Interior Design/Decorating program. I'm VERY excited about it. I've always wanted to get a degree in this area, and now that it's being offered to me, I'm taking it.
Nick on the other hand can't wait for this summer. The last part of this semester for him has been a little crazy and overwhelming. Nick will take the summer semester off from school and just focus on work and relaxing. He will take his first fire test in September and the next one in December. He has the manuals to study for the test and will also focus on that and more ride-along's with the fire departments around town. :) As the end of the semester is getting close, Nick has been finishing up his Clinicals. He had a total of 7 to complete this semester between Emergency rooms, Ride-along with Fire Departments, and also with an Ambulance. He's enjoyed his experiences and learned a lot from them. He was able to do a lot of hands-on training this semester. He's been stickin' people with needles drawing blood and doing IV's. I could never do that, but he's really liking it. He will also have to finish this semester by taking and passing the National Registry in order to complete his Intermediate EMS course. He did GREAT on the last one, so I'm sure he'll do the same this time. :)
LAS VEGAS 51's
Last Weekend we went to the opening game for the 51's. It was pretty exciting in the 9th Inning because that's when they decided to actually play the game. :) Since it was the opening weekend, they had a fireworks show after the game and that was neat. That night I got really sick with what I think was the flu. So this is my first day back to work for the week and actually doing anything. :)
THE RED BULLS
Nick also joined a Softball team, The Red Bulls, that plays once a week. His first game was pretty fun to watch. They one the first two games and did a pretty good job. :) I was one of two girls sitting in the stands watching, :) and the coach came up to me, asked me who's "girlfriend" I was then proceeded to designate me to the "Red Bull Team Photographer." lol! He explained to me that he always asks someone to take pictures of the team during their games and then after the "season" is over he gives each team member the pictures. I told him I don't think that he wants ME to take those pictures, but he didn't buy that.
THIS WEEKEND
This weekend we have two of our good friends flying in from Wyoming; Deloy and Shannon and their baby Declan. Shannon is coming for some work related training. We're very exited to see them and spend time with them while they're here.
We're also joining a group of people with cousins Aubri and Daniel for a BBQ and softball game... that will be interesting, but very fun!! :)
I think that's about all within the last two weeks... Now were up to date!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great to hear from you! Sounds like you're busy, but still finding time for some fun! We're excited for June to be here! Love you guys!

Jason & Claire said...

It sounds like everything is going great. You're busy but it's all exciting stuff. We can't wait to see you Saturday. It'll be fun!

PS- I didn't hear anything about us playing softball- this should be interesting;)

Bagleys said...

Fun!!! I never get to see Shannon and Deloy! I don't think I've ever even seen Declan! SAD! Sounds like you've got your plate full girly! Hope it all slows down soon for ya! Our plate it just starting to fill up!! :)

Kimberly said...

Hey Lindi! Thanks for your note...for the font you just go to "cutestblogontheblock.com" then click on "Blog Secrets" and scroll down to "#5 How to change font on your blog;" it explains how to do it pretty well. There isn't much selection, but there are some fun ones! Have fun! Love you guys!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Trevor has told me about the Vegas heat! After being part of the Texas heat last summer, I dont think I could live anywhere so hot for awhile! ;) Sounds like you guys are having fun!! That is SUPER exciting that you are going to get your interior design degree! I always thought you would be great at that!!! yay :) Tell Nick good luck... he will be great as well! Stay inside and dont melt to death in the HEAT! YIKES :)

*Kelly Dawn* said...

Lindi, you have a cute blog. I didn't even know you had a blog until my mom called and told me I needed to get on and look at your mom's. I was so glad to see you guys on here. I have a hard time keeping up with everyone and this makes it just a bit easier. You look like your doing good! I'm glad. Keep in touch.