Tuesday, April 28, 2009

RECIPE BOX PROJECT

Some of you know I LOVE to scrapbook, and if I could, it's all that I would do all day, everyday. :) BUT since I can't do that, I pick one project and work on it in my free time until it's complete.

Well, this particular project is not complete YET because it will always be something that I will continue to add too throughout my life. My recipes used to consist of random sizes of paper unorganized and only kept together with a paper clip. Some where even written on napkins and envelopes. It was a pain to find the recipe I wanted when it came to cooking. I have been working on this project for a while and I've completed what I have in my recipes so far. I decided to "scrap" my recipes.

I designed cards by digitally scrapbooking and then I simply added the recipe. It has been really fun and such a great way to make them organized, clean, fun, and cute! Then I found a cute and very different box that I made my "recipe box" that would go well with my kitchen and organized them in it.

Since I scrapbooked the cards digitally, it was really easy to put all the "pictures" into a slideshow. Below are a couple pictures of the box, the "category" dividers, and then all the recipe cards in a slideshow.
THE OUTSIDE...
THE INSIDE...

THE "CATEGORIES"...


AND THE CARDS...



(p.s. I know my side bar column is not showing up. They are having problems with their website right now and there are a number of people having problems with this same issue... hopefully they will get it all fixed and SOON! and if it does happen to you... don't worry.) :)

14 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW!!!! I want one!! I'm tellin' ya, you could make a living doing this kind of "stuff"!! :-)

Love Ya!!

Kimberly said...

VERY impressed!! Not only do they look great, the food does too! It's fun to see what's on your guys' menu! You are very talented and organized!!

Jason & Claire said...

That is more than adorable. The box does go perfectly in your kitchen. Way cute, Lindi! Your mom is right-you could make a living out of this stuff. Oh wait, you're going to! You picked the perfect profession. ;)

PS- what kit did you make your potato soup card with? It looks way cute.

Jill Asay said...

Very cute! I love that some of them even have pictures on them!

Bob & Dani said...

So awesome!!! You're the BEST! What a good idea, very cute. Love you!:)

katealyson said...

Man, it all turned out great, Lind! I'm pretty much jealous!

Bagleys said...

Honestly, you need to come to Washington and teach me how to do all that stuff! Or I can just send alllll my stuff to you and you can do it for me! Lol.

Bagleys said...

Lind!! For real, I would totally fly you up there and have you help me decorate. I just love what you do!! And I could NEVER come up with even half that kind of talent! :) We could have tons of fun! You guys should seriously come visit..there's so much to do!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Lindi!!? Where do you get all of these ideas?! :) that is so cool! I want one!! you are definitely going into the right major! you creative girl you :) miss ya

Lindsay said...

Wow girl, just create a website and sell all your ideas, you would make a killing. I love all your cute ideas:)

Melissa said...

So cute!!!! I'm feeling motivated to do some cute stuff like that.... I could use your help and ideas!!

KrIStiN said...

you are just too cute!! I love that idea, I agree with everyone else, You could totally sell this kinda stuff!! I'm jealous, you are dang creative, and dang cute!! You lucky girl!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Wow, Lindi!! That is SUPER cute! Great job--very creative!

lacey bassett said...

umm.. I will take one of those thank you:) haha that is amazing and it looks great!