Friday, April 24, 2009

LDS Musical Production

In commemoration of the 2009 Easter season, the Henderson Nevada Anthem Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sponsors a two-hour musical production, "Savior of the World: His Birth and Resurrection" at the Henderson Pavilion on April 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25th. Nick and I had the opportunity to attend this production last night with a couple from our ward who invited us along. It was the first time all of us had seen this musical. It was shown in an outdoor pavilion and the weather was just perfect for it. It was a good program and a great missionary opportunity as it was open to the public."This production was created by the LDS Church as a testimony of the Savior on the second millennial anniversary of His birth and has been presented in the Conference Center Theater near Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah since November 2000. In 2008 the Las Vegas Valley enjoyed this extraordinary production, and we now have the opportunity of presenting it again in 2009. We invite everyone to attend our second annual presentation of "Savior of the World" in Southern Nevada. As a great prophet once said, 'we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ.' We feel privileged to share this deeply moving musical dramatization that depicts the birth and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ."

We actually ran into a lot of different people we knew while there. It was good to see more people from our ward. It was good for me to meet more people Nick knew from serving in different wards on his mission. And guess who else we ran into?? I'll give you a hint... a missionary from our hometown (well, pretty much) in Wyoming serving in the East mission in Vegas... Jordan Peterson. All the missionaries were handing out the programs and also answering questions that people had. We found the isle we needed to walk down in order to get to our seats and he was right there. We talked to him for a couple minutes, asking him how he was doing and what not. He looked great and happy as could be. Since he's in the East mission, we've never ran into him before, so it was a big surprise.
It was a great night and for those who have never had the opportunity to attend, I would encourage it!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a great post! You guys are such great missionaries! It is a beautiful presentation! We were able to go to Conference Center Theatre back in 2002 and I loved it! Thank you for your testimony. All your missionary efforts are such an inspiration! We love you guys!!

The Asay's said...

I bet that was a way neat presentation. I would of loved to go!

Lindsay said...

Wow, what a great experience!Sounds like you two had a really memorable time. We are doing really good, school is, well going. I actually have to take the PRAXIS I tomorrow and I am really apprehensive, hope it goes well. Glad you two are doing so great:) I will let you know how my test goes if I do well ;)

Tracy said...

Sounds good, the whole nine yards!! I wish we could sit outside here (and have it be warm)!!
Especially tomorrow!!

aubri said...

How awesome! That looks like it's amazing. D and I should really takes some time to go. I'm glad you had so much fun!

Oh, and in regards to your last post too, I am SOOO happy for you guys. It sounds like you're doing awesome! I'm way jealous about you going to school for interior design...I might have to join you and then we can start our own business! Ha! Wouldn't that just be the life?! Can't wait for Saturday!!

Jason & Claire said...

Very sweet post, Lindi. Caleb went Wednesday and he loved it. I'll see you tomorrow!

Trevor & Andrea said...

super cool! we are going to have to make a trek down your way one day... there are just to many neat things going on in vegas :) Trevor has been wanting to catch up with some mission peeps anywho... hmmm :)