Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Late For Work?... What To Tell Your Boss?

This is a totally random story (sorry, once again no pics) but Nick and I got a real good laugh at 7:30 this morning... maybe that's why it was so funny. ANYWAYS...
The house that we're currently living in has a ADT security system. Of course the last question I ask Nick each night is, "Did you lock all the doors and set the alram?" And of course he always say yes! Well this morning, our alarm clock went off at 6:45 am and I did NOT want to wake up. So Nick said that he'd take a shower first so that I could sleep for a few more mins. Next thing I know I'm WIDE AWAKE because the ADT alarm goes off! WOWEE! That thing is louder than a fire alarm. So I FREAKED out because I thought Nick was still in the shower and someone has broke into the house and I'm going to die! Well not knowing what to do I just sit there in our bed waiting for whoever broke in to come down the hall and kill me, I guess?!? Then I'm thinking I know Nick can hear this alarm going off so why isn't he coming out of the bathroom to safe me and beat up this person who just broke into the house. Well... don't worry... Nick just opened the window in the bathroom and neither of us were aware that the windows were actually set on the alarm. So Nick slammed the window shut, grabbed a towel, and met me in the hallway where I was prepared to KILL someone and he says, "Sorry, it was me. Don't freak out, don't freak out!!" After we got the alarm shut off we both had a good laugh about how I was prepared to kill someone.
By this time it was 7:30 and I needed to be out of the shower by now and getting ready for work (if I wanted to be on time.) But of course I couldn't just hurry from then on and get ready. Nick had a test today and it was about taking the correct steps in order to save someone who has just been hit by a car. Nick had asked my last night to help him study and I thought that meant that I would just be asking him some questions to see if he knew the answers. Well we didn't get time to study last night because I wanted to go to bed. LOL! So this morning, before I could get ready Nick asked me to help him study!?! He said "You've just been hit by a car. Lay there unconscious." Nick then proceeded to test himself by running throught the correct procedure on how to safe someone. I'm glad that I could help Nick study because he did great on his test.
Well... as you know from the title of the post I was late for work, and I was all prepared to tell my boss that someone broke into our house and then I got hit by a car!!

5 comments:

Trevor & Andrea said...

good thing neither one of the excuses are true! thats funny;) i had an experience like that in dallas... i was the office manager one day i went in there not knowing there was a new alarm system it was flipping out and i thought someone had come to get me... truth was trevor had set it so that it would go off and scare me! haha

Tracy said...

SOOOO, what did you tell your boss?! Glad you're still alive!!
Love ya!!

aubri said...

That is sooo funny! I'm glad no one really broke into your house! But seriously, I'm still cracking up about that!

Jason & Claire said...

Oh man, Lindi, you are cracking me up. I couldn't help but laugh when I pictured you going out to kill someone and sitting there wondering why Nick wasn't coming to save you.

PS- Those alarms are LOUD, huh? Like hurt your ears LOUD!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Oh my gosh, that made me laugh out loud. That is hilarious! Glad you were able to laugh about it!