Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Happenings

Our Ward's Trunk r' Treat was Thursday night. Our ward is pretty fun and we've made a lot of great friends so it was really fun. We're also primary teachers and have a class of nine 5 year olds...SO I was super excited to see all the kids in their costumes. Along with the trunk r' treating, we also had a chili/corn bread diner. :) I made chili using my sisters recipe and it turned out pretty good. :) I was looking forward to having some left overs to take home, but it was GONE!

Nick and I had been thinking about what we should be for Halloween for the last month. We thought about Woody and Buzz, Beast and Bell, Tinker bell and Peter Pan, Wizard of Oz characters? None of them were working out so the other night after watching The Best of Will Ferrell, it hit us... THE SPARTAN CHEERLEADERS!!! :) If you have no idea what I'm talking about, this is a clip from the video. (p.s. I have NO idea why 2 of them show up? When I tried to edit them, none of them even showed up? only watch one!)

Well, we found the costumes and it was classic. We were so excited and once we got to the trunk r' treat we started to wonder if ANYONE would even know who we were? Well we were a HIT!! Everyone LOVED it!! We decorated our Trunk with streamers and candy and sayings from the video. We also had a little dvd playing of the video clip in case no one knew who we were. It was a blast.


Friday night Nick and I just wanted to hang out at home and have a quiet night together. So we watched Hocus Pocus which is absolutely the best Halloween movie EVER!! :) And then we made the BIGGEST sugar cookies and decorated them. :) It was pretty hilarious. They turned out the size of a plate. It was fun though!! We also had quite the amount of trick r' treaters come to our door too. It was fun just relaxing and getting to see all the kids' costumes.



That night Nick had to work. Of course he had to wear his uniform, but this is how he went to work! :)



14 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Oh my heck- I LOVE your costumes! You guys rock! That last picture of Nick with that face he's pulling is hilarious!

Tracy said...

You guys are CRAZY!!! Looks like you're having FUN and turning into quite the little wife!! ;-)
Love Ya!

Jill Asay said...

Love the costumes...classic! You guys are hilarious!! Did you make the costumes or did you find them somewhere?

Brett and Desiree said...

I love the Spartans! Totally reminds me of my younger days...:) Nick is such a sport. Can you see me getting Brett to dress up like anything?? (except maybe a cowboy, but does that really count?) I'll post the kids Halloween pics in the next few days...been too busy...so check out the blog in a few days....:)

aubri said...

I tried leaving a comment earlier but my stupid computer froze! Anyways, LOVE the costumes! Aren't the Spartan Cheerleaders the funniest ever?! I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! You decorated your car way cute, too! Oh and I love Nick's wig! That cracks me up!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Your costumes and that video is hilarious! I didn't you guys were wild! That's great--how fun!

Trevor & Andrea said...

CLASSIC! haha:) love it!

katealyson said...

I am SO glad you found the costumes! When you told me I was SO excited! I'm glad people got it. Love ya!

katealyson said...

P.S. if you do drugs... :)

Bob & Dani said...

I'm glad that you found canned pinto beans ;)! Go Spartans!

Lisa Tippetts said...

You guys were too cute! I will have to show Ethan the picture you have of him on here. He will get the biggest kick out of it. (Except he looks a little "special" in that picture) He gets that from his dad. (Don't tell Steve I said that....I want to do it first)HA!

Jason & Claire said...

WAY cute background!

Shannon said...

That's classic! And you're so funny, you started crying? lol. Sweet though. I'm glad you think he's so smart and cute! And I can't wait for you to see him again either! Glad to see you guys are doing so well and I will definitely let you know how Texas went! Love u 2 girl.

klm said...

whatastory