Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Weekend

Our weekend began Friday night as Nick took me to the movie, Nights in Rodanthe.
This is a must see for all you ladies. ;) Nick made fun of me throughout the movie because I cried more than once. I have to be honest, I was wondering what we got ourselves into in the beginning of the movie. It was very slow moving and kind of lame. But as it went on it got better and better. So if you have the chance, go see it.

We watched General Conference on Saturday and then we had the opportunity to have the Crosby's stay with us the rest of the weekend. Brett and Des came and only brought their youngest, Matthew, and I told them they were in trouble for not bringing the rest of their kids. This is the Crosby family. :)

Cute family huh? They are from Wyoming and my family and I are very good friends with them. I worked for them for 3 years as a secretary/nanny/run the errands/clean the office/work on their new house/my pickup needs washed... You get the idea! :) and I also got to travel with them to New York, Nashville, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Brett travels a lot due to his job and sometimes the family got to go along, so I would be the nanny. It was such a great opportunity to go with them and learn so much from their great kids. Brett sang at my Wedding reception and Des was one of my friends who threw a Bridal Shower for me. As you can see, they're pretty close friends and we were very excited to see them again.
Brett enjoys to run Marathons... yes those things that are 26 DREADFUL miles long where you have to run the whole time... he likes to do this, and so he ran the Saint George Marathon on Saturday morning. And yes he could walk afterwards, but not very easily. ;) I have to give him props for running those things. We all know I'd rather jump off a bridge than RUN at all. :) Anyways... They arrived at our house Saturday night. We enjoyed some diner and dessert and then due to everyone being so tried, we went to bed. :) Sunday we had breakfast, watched conference, had lunch, and then took them to the airport. I don't have any pictures from our fun weekend and yes their visit was short, but it was so good getting to see them and visit with them. I love getting visitors from home. :) Thanks for taking time to see us Brett and Des!! See you in December! :)

11 comments:

Trevor & Andrea said...

sounds like you had fun to!! so about our las vegas trip... Derek Watts i dunno if you know him Nick might he went to the vegas mission to anyways he and trevor had this all planned for next weekend. but turns out trevor has stupid class on saturday it is a one time deal and the professor told them if he does not show he does not pass... LAME!!! so Derek and Tracy are going without us :( but we are still going to try and make a trip sometime this year or early next spring... so i will keep u posted on that. but when we come we should definitely meet up!!

lacey bassett said...

You Lucky girl getting visitors!! Haha and I am with you about running.. I HATE to run!!
Do you like being a big city girl yet? We all miss you here in our little city!! Hope all is well with school, work, and home!! Lovel ya!

Lauren said...

How fun! The Crosby's are the best! Can I get Des's email? send it to me at laurenshum at hotmail dot com. Thanks, Lindi!

aubri said...

Visitors always helped my home sickness! (Not that you are, but I guess I just feel like you are because I totally was when I first moved here so I guess I worry about you!) Anyways, I am so glad that you had such a fun weekend with them!

Tracy said...

Glad you got to see someone from home. Cute blog as usual.
Love You!

Bob & Dani said...

Sounds like good times! Glad that you were able to spend time together with the Crosby's. Hope all is well! Love you!

Jason & Claire said...

Hey Lindi- I'm glad you had such a nice weekend with friends from home. I have been kinding of thinking about going to see that movie but thought it would make me all emotional. I guess I was right! I'll have to check it out.

By the way, I LOVE this background. This is my favorite one you've ever done. Yours is always way cute but this one is awesome. ;)

Lisa Tippetts said...

Thanks for the critic on the movie. We have been thinking about seeing it and I am also known to shed a tear or two. Maybe I will wait to rent it so I can cry in the privacy of my own home.

Jason & Claire said...

I got it at Leeloublogs.com -there really aren't that many cute ones but check it out. ;) We need to get together with you and Daniel/Aubri soon. I miss you guys!

Jason & Claire said...

Sorry-it's leeloublogs.BLOGSPOT.com
;)

Brett and Desiree said...

We had such a great time hanging out with you guys! Thanks for having us; plan on us returning the dinner fav when you come home in December (then you will get the privilege of dining with all of our children!). We love you! BTW--Brett did go for a bike ride yesterday, but his walking is not 100%!:)