Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bite of Las Vegas

This weekend Nick and I went to Bite of Las Vegas at Desert Breeze Park. For those of you who don't know it's a food and music festival. There were over 40 different GOOD resturants there as well as the bands Puddle of Mudd, Secondhand Serenade, Lifehouse, and Metrostation. It gets even better... it was only $8 a piece to get in. It was a very fun and relaxing family atmosphere where you could just enjoy the food and listen to the music from a distance OR try to make your way to front of the crowd. We did both and it was very fun! We went a little later in the evening so we only got to hear Lifehouse, but they did a GREAT job. Nick was laughing at me because it was my SECOND concert... yes, in my whole life. The first concert I went to was Garth Brooks in Montana. My Grandma took all of her grandaughters and what a sweet memory it is to us. :)

There was a photographer at the park that was randomly taking peoples pictures and then handing out cards with a website where we could get our free picture. Here it is! Not the best picture, but my camera wouldn't download the vidoes we took or the pictures last night? So it's the best I can do. The other picture is the lead singer of Lifehouse.

Before we went to the concert, we also went to the temple which truly made our week. I'm SO glad that we've set a goal together to attend the temple each week. It really is the best thing for both of us and a great way to spend our time together. When we were there I told Nick that it would be awesome if we could attend EVERY temple in the world just once. I don't know if that'll happen, but I do know we're going to try and attend every temple that we're near at that specific time.

Just to catch up on a couple of other things... Nick has a phone now. :) AND it's the same number so that makes it easier for everyone. So if you need to get ahold of him, now you can. :)

You know that I'm really into scrapbooking and digital scarpbooking is the new thing; however, I haven't really gotten into that until recently. I'm just learning, but I've found that I love it just as much as regular scrapbooking. I've been experimenting with designing my own blogger layouts and headers. The one you can see right now is my FIRST. Yes... I know it's a little rough but I'm excited to see how much I can learn and see what different things I can create. It's a fun new hobbie for me esepically when I need something to distract me from homework! ;)

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Lookin' good!
Love Ya!

aubri said...

I LOVE that picture of the 2 of you! It really is a good one! That sounds like so much fun! K, I for really do need your cell # cause I wanted you guys to come try some soup I made but I didn't have a way to call you!

Jill Asay said...

What a fun thing to go do and what a great price! You guys look so cute together!

Jason & Claire said...

I think that picture is great. I've always wanted to go to Bite of Las Vegas. It sounds like a ton of fun.

That's a great goal to go to the temple every week. Keep it up!

I think you're doing a great job with your blog backgrounds and headers. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Jason & Claire said...

Also, the pumpkin patch is near us. I don't remember the exact directions but you can get all the info at--gilcreaseorchard.org

(Make sure you try their fresh apple juice if you go-it's the best!)

Bob & Dani said...

Hey there, hi there! You'll have to teach me how to do digital scrapbooking, okay. Love you!

Jason & Claire said...

Hey Lindi- Sorry about the confusion with my blog. I have a private blog that I keep as a journal-like personal journal. There have been two times in the last month that I thought I was on that blog and I was on my main one and I accidentally posted my personal post. Anyway, I deleted them as soon as I realized what I had done but everyone's blog still has that I had done a new post. Sorry for the confusion!

On another note- I already made sure Jason is going to be home on Nov 21. I feel silly because I am so excited but I can't help it! ;)

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

Hi, this is Aubri's mom, Meegan. I am the one who sent you the invitation for Thanksgiving. We hope you can spend Thanksgiving Day with us. Take care.

Lisa Tippetts said...

Only your second concert huh. Well, don't be to hard on Nick, I think I would make fun of you too. J/K It sounded like a blast and I think your picture was cute! I also "LOVE" scrapbooking, but I haven't been able to get into the digital yet. You will have to invite me over to show me what you have done. I would love to see it.

Tracy said...

LOVE the blog template!!!