Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How We Celebrated Mothers Day

(I know it's a little late and the pictures are horrible, but I wanted to journal these for future reference)
Since Nick and I couldn't be at home with our mothers on Mothers Day, we did everything we could to make up for it. :) I'd be contemplating for a couple months on what I should do for our mom's. I knew I HAD TO do something for Dani, because the first time being a mom is a VERY special one. :) I couldn't leave Kim and Lindsay out either, because they are also such GREAT mom's and role models. So then I REALLY had to think about what I should do for them ALL.
Here is what I came up with...
For Dani and my mom, I put together this "Forever a Family" frame. This picture is EXTRA special to all of us because it is the day we were sealed together as a family. I always wanted this picture in my house and thought it would be a GREAT way to use it and an even better Mothers Day gift. Now I just have to make myself one for my house.


For Nick's Mom and his sisters, I decided to make them each a different tile with family quotes. I was really worried about these making it safely there because they break SOO EASILY! To my surprise, they all made it there without a scratch. :) I hope you all enjoy them. The quotes used on them are: "Charity never faileth", "Peace be unto this house", and "Forever a family."
The funnest part about these was wrapping them and make individual tags for them each.
Here are the tags:
My mom...
Dani...
Terri...
Kim...
& Lindsay...
This next sign was not something that I did for Mother's Day. It was a Thank You gift for my cousin Jesse and her husband Jake. They gave us an amazing set of Pampered Chef pots and pans and for that I could not simply write a thank you note. I wanted to give them something in return. Jake and Jess have been helping my Dad trial cows into the ranch all week and they have not received this gift yet.... so I haven't heard what they think. I hope they like it!
(mom-you can't tell them you saw it first when you take them lunch tomorrow)
And the tag for their gift:
When I was making these, I realized that I cannot remember the last time I gave my mother a gift that I did not make. I've given her some of my artwork, some scrapbooks, and other simple crafts. I have always loved doing this for people and I believe it makes the gift so much more special and meaningful. I hope that I can keep this goal in mind and always have the energy and motivation to do so.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I LOVE mine!!
What a busy little beaver you've been!
Thanks and love you!

Lindsay said...

Wow Lind, you never cease to amaze me!! They were perfect (and matched my living room perfect as well:)Thank you for all the thought, time and effort you put into each of those, really does make them that much more special:)

Jason & Claire said...

Wowsa! They all look AMAZING!!! Handmade gifts really are special. I always think of you when I see my tile. Super sweet, girl!!

Kimberly said...

Thank you again so much, Lindi! You are so talented! Thanks for blessing us with your talents! You are so thoughtful!

aubri said...

You seriously make the most amazing things! I'm in need of being taught :) I LOVE everything especially that last sign- what a cute quote!!

Bob & Dani said...

Thanks again, Lindi Jo! It was so great to get a Mother's Day gift. Thanks for thinking of me. Love you!

Jessie said...

You did such a good job on these! You should really start a business and sell all the great things that you make. I think that you would be really successful at it.

Trevor & Andrea said...

Lindi youre one talented woman!! I think you should start a buisness! You never cease to amaze me ;) miss ya!

Michelle Thompson said...

You are so talented and crafty. I love it and wish I was that good.