Thursday, May 21, 2009

And Yet Another Fun, Crazy, Week

Friday morning, Nick's brother Matt and his girlfriend Emily flew in from Nebraska. Matt had a 2 week break from school before having to start his summer classes. :( We're glad his choice to spend it with us! :) I'll try to keep this short and sweet. After reading through it all, we sound CRAZY!!

FRIDAY: I had to work, so we had lunch when they got into town and that night we went to the temple. That night we enjoyed YUMMY Panda Express and fun night in the pools and hot tub.

SATURDAY: NO work for me. :) Nick got some sleep that morning from being at work while Matt and Emily went and saw the sights of Las Vegas. That evening we had planned a BBQ for about 30 ppl. We thought it would be a blast to get together with all our family and friends, eat some good food, and then play a game of softball. WELL... lets just say that we were lucky to have SOME ppl show up. :( We had PLENTY of good food for those who did come and had a good time. It was a good for Matt to see his cousin Daniel and Aubri too.

SUNDAY: We went to church. Nick and I did a VERY fun lesson with our class involving a lesson and ice cream... mostly ice cream. :) The Ice Cream was used to represent our "spirits", the bowl was our "body", and the toppings were either choices that obeyed the commandments or disoboyed them. The kids did a GREAT job at not getting too excited and were still able to learn from it.
The rest of the day we enjoyed relaxing and resting.

MONDAY: I went to work and Nick ran errands all day while Matt and Emily went out on the town and enoyed exploring. They picked me up from work and went to dinner and then to THE LION KING!! :) This show just opened in Vegas and Nick and I wanted to take Matt and Emily so bad. We were so happy to be able to get tickets. Of course we got the cheapest ones, which means the very back. BUT at Intermission, we ran into Daniel and Aubri. We didn't even know they were going that night. It was so fun to run into them there. They had seats in the front and they informed us that the row right behind them was EMPTY and needed the Anderson clan to fill em' up. :) The second half of the show was even better nice and up close. :)
After the show Matt, Emily, and Nick wanted to ride the New York New York Roller coaster. Yes... everyone but me and that's totally fine. :) I HATE the rides, but really enjoyed seeing their faces as they stepped off it and told me all about it. :)



TUESDAY: Back to work for me. Matt and Emily hung around the pool most of the day. Nick and I enjoyed lunch together that day. I always love when he comes and gets me for lunch... its a treat because it doesn't happen very often. They all went to the Strasphere while I finished work and rode more roller coasters. :) New York New York was by far their favorite. That night we went out to Red Rock and before going to bed we watched a movie.

WEDNESDAY: I got the day off and we all headed out to Hoover Dam. They hadn't seen it before and enjoyed it. It was VERY hot that day, so we didn't last long out there. We headed back to town enjoyed some pizza and all took naps. That night we headed over to Daniel&Aubri's where we met Jason&Claire for some snack foods, Smores, and a good time. :) I love being able to spend time with them, we always have so much fun. That was also a good opportunity for Matt to see Jason&Claire.

We had a great week and hope it's not too long until we see Matt again!! Thanks for spending one of your weeks off with us! :)

13 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

I'm glad your week was so jam packed withfun activities, sweet girl. Very cute pictures! I wish we could've been here more. I'm sure we won't be out of town next time! Last night was a blast...as always! We need to get together again soon.

Jason & Claire said...

Ps- why does it say posted by demonstrator at the bottom of all your posts? Has it always been like that and I never noticed? Is it because you are the demonstrator of scrapbooking and stamping skills?

Bagleys said...

hey!!! that looked like it was really fun! dude, we gotta get together sometime! we don't ever get to see each other! lame! we'll have to get together in Vegas AND in Washington! Woo!!!

aubri said...

SO fun! I was actually really looking forward to hearing about everything you guys did! We are definitely going to have to hang out a ton now cause after seeing you so much last week I might start having withdrawals :) You guys are the best!!

Tracy said...

Looks like a good time!

Trevor & Andrea said...

That sounds like it was a fun week!! :)

Lindsay said...

What a fun week! What did you think of Emily:) Is she a keeper ;)I guess they are meeting up with Mom, Dad, Tyler and Chad this weekend at State, I will have to get the scoop when they get home. Glad you guys had so much fun.

Kimberly said...

Hey Lindi! It's so fun to read about all the things you guys did! That was so nice of Nick and Matt to talk to Taysum on his birthday! That was such a cool story about your friend Tyler, too! I can't imagine not having your family there with you. It's very humbling to think of how blessed we are!! Thanks for posting the pictures of Emily..it was fun to see what she looks like! We love you guys and can't wait to see you when you come up here!!

Michelle Thompson said...

I have been wanting to go see the Lion King so bad, but of course I would have to take my kids and the tickets are too much. You guys are lucky to be right there. Don't you just love all the fun things to do!

Trevor & Andrea said...

My new place is in Laramie, but I am living in Lovell/Powell all summer. We should definitely get together! Hopefully I wont be working all week that week :(. If I am you could come eat in Cody ;).

Emily Asay said...

great pics, yeah we will be in lovell for lovell's days. how about you guys??

The Asay's said...

Wow looks like you guys had a fun filled weekend. And Matthew and I are planning to come to Lovell's days I think. it just depends on whats going on

Jill Asay said...

You guys always seem to be having a good time! It's so fun that you get to have so many friends and family visit you! I don't even know when Lovell's Days is? When is it and there might be a chance that we are there.