Sunday, December 7, 2008

We love you MOM!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom!!!! :) I wanted to take this opportunity to express my love and appreciation for my mom. Mom was always FULLY involved in us girls' lives. Her and dad's famous line is "Remember who you are at all times... Somebody is always watching you!" This was such great advice as it warned each of us to always be constantly choosing the right.(Ya... sometimes we didn't do what they advised!) BUT... we tried!! :) My mom never missed an event that we participated in. In fact, she was always there 30 mins ahead of time! ;) She fully supported us in every GOOD thing that we involved ourselves in. My mom taught us how to cook, clean, and care for the things that we've been blessed with. She was always helping us if we asked for it and always making sure that we put nothing less than 100% into everything we did.
As most of you know, my mom is a VERY talented woman. I've learned SO much from her and Dad's examples. You know that saying, "Parents don't know anything?"... well, this is exactly what I thought when I was younger. I thought that I knew more than my parents and could learn my own way. WELL... I sure have learned a lot on my own AND I could have saved myself a lot of mistakes if I had just listened to my mother's counsel. Parents DO KNOW EVERYTHING!!! I knew I was blessed to have such great parents to guide me throughout my life, but as the years go by and I grow up more, I realize that my mom is an amazing women. If I could tell anyone anything, it would be to listen to their parents. Mom spent her life devoting it to her kids. Now that we've moved out and their empty nester's, my dad and her have been able to spend more quality time together and have a lot of fun. I'm so thankful for that because they are such great examples for how I want our marriage to be when we're older. You both deserve to be able to spend that time together and I hope you're enjoying it. I want to thank you, Mom, for being a better mother than I could have ever asked my Heavenly Father to send me to. You have taught me so much and I have been so blessed because of your testimony and example. Thank you for everything that you do for me and Nick. We hope that you have a GREAT birthday and we love you! Thanks mom!!



hey this is nick here...just wanted to say happy birthday real quick too...happy birthday! and thanks for everything that you've done for lindi and i...it's been a blast having you as a mother in law...i always have a good time listening to you and matt and your stories and just hanging out...it's a good time and we're looking forward to being with you all again here soon...thanks for everything! happy birthday...

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks guys!! I LOVE you too!! I'm not quite the saint you portray, but I appreciate the post!! :-)

Jason & Claire said...

So sweet. I hope you have a great birthday, Lindi's mom!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

I know everyone thinks your Mom is great and so creative! It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. Cute pictures of decorating for Christmas. You're such a cute couple! Looks like fun! Love the tree!

Bob & Dani said...

Nice job, Lindi! We are lucky to have such an involved and wise Mom.

Brett and Mandy said...

Hey Nick & Lindi, this is Nick's cousin, Brett's wife, Mandy. We met at Thanksgiving and at the rebels game. Claire had told me that you blogged so I wanted to stop by and say hi and tell you how wonderful it was to meet both of you at thanksgiving. We're so glad you're living in Vegas and hope we get to spend more time with you when we are in vegas again. Oh and a very happy birthday to Lindi's mom!

lacey bassett said...

Lindi that was so sweet what you wrote about your mom! Also OF COURSE you can have my address.. it is PO Box 121 Byron WY 82412

Jason & Claire said...

Lindi Jo- this is the best background ever!! Love it!