Thursday, November 12, 2009

family

100_1670.jpg picture by lindijo05
this is nick posting this time and i recently found out that i wasnt able to get thanksgiving or christmas off from work this year. im feeling pretty bad about that because i know that even though she wouldnt tell me lindi's pretty dissapointed about not being able to go home for the holidays and i am as well. i wish there was something i could do - i guess well see what happens. but just in case we dont end up goin home i wanted to let all our family know back in wyoming and nebraska how much we love appreciate and are going to miss them this holiday season.
im sure this happens to everyone this time of year but good memories and fun family traditions are starting to come back and stir up feelings that make you want to be home and around family. you miss things like tubing on the mountains, putting up the christmas lights and tree, staring at and working on a puzzle for hours, playing with nephews and nieces, driving back and forth making sure we spend equal time with all our family, sitting around the living room and just talking and telling stories, taking
http://item.slide.com/r/1/0/i/q3esojPK6j9lr3Est84m2hHdcauBBI6W/

turns making fun and getting made fun of, playing games, and watching the old classic christmas movies. i hope everyone knows how much we love them and that family will always be our number one priority.
even though we cant go home we are excited to spend the holidays here together and continue our family traditions with eachother and make some of our own traditions. were so thankful for the family and friends that we have here in las vegas. they have been life savers. were so grateful to them in reaching out and always inviting and including us in family get-togethers and activities. it has been a great opportunity to get so close to our family here. it really has been a blessing to have them here for love and support.

we hope that everyone has a happy holiday season and we hope to be able to get back home to see everyone real soon.

12 comments:

Tracy said...

How sweet Nick!! It's most definitely not going to be the same without you!! We have to look at this as a growing opportunity for all of us. I promise we are coming down after the new year!! Hang in there!!

Brett and Mandy said...

Bummer that you can't go home for the holidays. Brett, the girls and i will be at Brett's parent's house for a week at thanksgiving. We hope we get to see you and lindi

Jason & Claire said...

Aww...I love how much you guys love your family. I'm sorry you don't get to go home. I know how much you were wanting to. It seems like you guys look forward to that all year. Bummer!

On a more selfish not, I get to see you...and that makes me happy;) Love you guys!

Kimberly said...

QUIT!! You can move in with us!! :) Just kidding. We sure love you guys and you will be missed...we'll be thinking about you!! Take care and make it extra special for your family!!

Bagleys said...

Oh Nick, I miss your face! I'm sad you guys can't come home...but it'll be okay!!! We can't go home or anywhere for Christmas, so we're stuck here. But I feel for you! I'll think of you guys while we're home. :( But you're a sweetheart for that post! You guys are awesome. :)

aubri said...

This one makes me really sad because I totally know the feeling. Being away from family ESPECIALLY around the Holidays is sooo hard. I'm sorry. I wish I could work for you! So maybe you guys will have to just come hang out with Daniel and I on Christmas day! YAY! I'll talk to Lindi and maybe we can arrange something :)

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Nick and Lindi - I hope you know that you are always welcome here. We are doing Thanksgiving dinner around noon (then Ryan has to go to work). I make a GREAT turkey...My brother and sis-in-law and their kids will be here, my FIL and his wife...we don't do a formal dinner - more buffet style but we always have fun! We'd love to have you! Let me know.

Bob & Dani said...

We'll miss you!

Lindsay said...

Aww, you are such a sweet thoughtful and pretty tricky. I am sure you wil make it special for her:)We will miss you guys:)

Ken Cutler said...

Oh Bother! As Taysum would say. Hope you have good times anyway. Guess what? My mom called and told me she met Coty Johnson down in Utah. Coty said he was moving back to Lovell. He said his sister was a good friend of yours. Small world, eh?
-Ken

Richard & Katie said...

Aww... what a nice post Nick! We are really going to miss you guys over the holidays. I wish we could just wave a wond and have you guys here. It is always good to start your own trations though so that should be fun. I hope you guys have a great without us! Hopfully someday you guys will live closer and this won't be a problem for you. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Nick, you always have a way with words and you expressed it very well right here -- Family is what it's all about. It makes me feel so good that family and traditions are so important to you and Lindi. You were the one in our family that made sure we did the traditional things each year. We sure will miss having you here for the holidays -- you always bring such fun with you! We love you so much! lovemomxoxoxoxoxo