Monday, September 21, 2009

For Addie!!

My sister, Danielle, is having her FIRST baby on October 14th (unless that little sweet thing decides to join them sooner). It is the first baby on my side of the family and mom & dad's first GRANDCHILD... that sounds very strange. But they are going to be the BEST grandparents ever. I wanted to do some FUN things for Dani and their sweet "baby-soon-to-come", Addie. Since some family members have asked to see, here is what I did... I decided to first, make a couple of things for the nursery.
Here is a picture of the nursery so far. My mom helped Dani to make this corner super cute.

I'm showing you that, so this makes more sense! :)
They have a large blank wall on one side of the nursery where we planned to put these:
Simple frames with baby Addie's name and coordinating paper and ribbon inside. :)


Danielle had mentioned to my mom that she wanted a picture of the Logan, Utah temple in Addie's room. I used the same paper and ribbon for this tile and used modge podge to put it all together. It will sit on an easel in her room.


The next thing has nothing to do with baby Addie's room, but something I could NOT resist doing. When Dani had her baby shower in Utah, the one thing she did not get enough of were "Hair Things." SO... I did some simple research I tried my best to come up with a few fun hair things for Addie.
Here are the headbands... 9 different colors.
And here are 7 different flowers (with clips attached to the back of them that attach to the ribbon on the headband.) They're ALL made to mix and match so if the white flower matches the pink headband because of Addie's outfit, she is set. :) There is also 6-7 bows that also attach to the different headbands. These were SUPER fun to make and way easy. I already have a bunch of new ideas to make some more. ( I know there's probably enough as it is right?)

Dani just got this package full of goodies in the mail last weekend and was thrilled. I hope you like it all Dani, and that the frames will look good in Addie's room. Just comparing the pictures of the room next to the frames, it looks pretty good!! Let me know how it all turns out!! We can't wait for the arrival of Addie!!

12 comments:

katealyson said...

Yay!!! Ok, the headbands and flowers are even CUTER than I imagined! And the tiles are to die for Lind. Seriously, you did a fantastic job! Lucky little Addie has an awesome auntie!
xoxo

Richard & Katie said...

All of it is super cute! I love it all. Addie is so spoiled and it's so great. Those headbans and flowers and bows are the cutest ever! I can wait to meet our adorable little niece!

Destiny said...

Lindi, you are so dang creative!! Dani is lucky to have such a great sister and you are going to make a great Auntie!

Tracy said...

ADORABLE!!! Good Job Jones!!

I want a temple tile!!!

Love Mom!!!

p.s. can't wait to get it all in Addie's room and take pictures!!

p.s.s. Grandpa said we can't wait for Addie's arrival and I agree!!!

Lindsay said...

So cute Lindi, Addie is so lucky to have such a creative aunt who loves her soooo much, already!I love, love the head bands:)

Bob & Dani said...

You beat me to the post. That's ok. I'm glad that you showed everyone the super cute and creative things you made for Addie. I love them! I'm so happy that everyone is excited for our baby to come. Only 3 weeks! Love you! Thanks again!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Once again creative Lindi is on the prowel! ;) those are awesome!! I am so amazed by your talents! keep sharing them!!! love ya girly

Bagleys said...

Lol, cute ideas dude. That room is going to be awesome!!! So cute!!!!!!!! Good job!

Jason & Claire said...

Love it all!!!

JesseTaeao Markovitz said...

oh how flipping cute! Good job on everything, it looks great! I can only imagine when you have a baby. What a lucky baby!lol.. You guys sound as busy as ever. Good luck with everything I know you guys will do fine this year!

Jill Asay said...

SUper cute gifts! I'm sure the bows will be absolutely cute on her!!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

You're SO talented--super cute!!